Unable to find Discount in navigation in backend

Highlighted
1 0 0

My site isn't public yet and I'm trying to test out discount.  However I find discounts in the left hand menu in the admin? Do I need to make my site public?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
179 0 12

Hey Eugene,

Nick here, A Shopify Guru.

We have a great doc online about creating and using online discounts. I'd be sure to check it out :)

When you are viewing your admin, your URL is the-jewel-fix.myshopify.com/admin.....etc. The /admin part indicates you are in the backend, or admin part, of your shopify store.

Your public facing site is the-jewel-fix.myshopify.com. If you go to that address, enter your password, you'll be presented with the front-end, public facing (Once live) part of the site. Add something to the cart, and progress to checkout. On all the checkout pages, you'll see a field to enter discount codes, as in the image below:

The codes are entered into that field, and applied once the button is hit. Your checkout is for the moment disabled until you choose a plan :) You can use our doc on testing the checkout to see the field for discount codes in the meantime.

Hope this helps!

Nicholas
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Can discount codes be applicable when placing the order from front-end only?

Thanks Bala Kandukuri.
0 Likes