Unable to find payment processor

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

Pretty desperate for help at this  stage. I just seem completely unable to find a company who is willing to help with providing a payment gateway / merchant account.

First problem is that I sell sports supplements - apparently a big no no! Secondly I have only sold on Amazon up to now so I have no track record of sales on my own site.

And then there is also the fact that I am a UK citizen running the company by way of a UK limited company, but I myself live outside of the UK. Also having problems with opening a business bank account.

Seems that, as soon as anyone reads the combination of these things, they run away as quickly as possible. I must have spoken to about 10 companies already. 

I only have PayPal on my site at the moment.

Any suggestions at all?

Thanks

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 76 273

Hey, Leon. 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

Definitely sounds like you're in a bit of pickle! I'd recommend cross-referencing the payment processors you've contacted to the ones available for your region. That way, you can start contacting the alternatives to see if any of them are able to help. You can view a full list of payment processors for the United Kingdom here. That said, I'm not entirely sure whether this company works within the UK, however you could try contacting eMerchantBroker which is a high-risk payment processor that integrates within Shopify. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes