Unable to process payments due to Payment Method - Payfast

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi Everyone, I am signed up for Payfast - South Africa as a Payment Gateway provider. 

I am having a problem where no payments are being accepted. If you try to make a payment it says that there is no payment method chosen. However on the Payfast website, on my profile everything is correct. 

I have noticed however on Shopify, I Enter the merchant ID and the merchant key number. Once i go out and back in again the merchant key number vanishes ( even if you click the show button - nothing appears )

So i was wondering if this is just a general safety measure from shopify to not show the merchant key after you enter and save it once, or if this could be the glitch causing no payments to go through, as it might not be pulling through to Payfast correctly?

The People at Payfast is a mission and a half to get hold off and basically just getting their automated responses without any real assistance. 

This is what i see after entering the merchant key and exiting and going back in, Nothing shows even if i click show. Is this standard or a glitch?This is what i see after entering the merchant key and exiting and going back in, Nothing shows even if i click show. Is this standard or a glitch?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, I'm also from South Africa and starting my Shopify store. I noticed the same thing with Payfast and the merchant key issue. Please can you let me know if you were able to solve this problem. If not, are using another payment provider?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi, 

We're also struggling with Payfast. Our support tickets now state they will attend to the call in 6 days time. Can test checkout. 

0 Likes