Ziggy1
Excursionist
39 0 6

This an the Bot attacks from Boardman have been unresolved for years

Thanks Brian www.vintageretroandvinyl.com
0 Likes
ficoboutique
2 0 7

Hi @Nick as of now Shopify is not compliant with the current taxation agreement between the UE and the UK. This is not a trivial matter and companies are making decisions to use Shopify when you can't deliver something that is basic for everyone else.

If you decide to offer this feature for free or not is really up to you (it is bad enough what you did with the POS this year) but not informing your current customers and potential customers that you will not be able to comply with a legal and binding agreement that involves close to 30 countries. On your website there is no mention that you need additional 3rd party software to achieve this compliancy and you will need to review this.

We are seriously reviewing leaving Shopify. We love the platform, but your lack of support is leaving us in a situation that we can have serious repercussions and be fined.

lolly2020
Excursionist
29 0 27

Is there any update on this!!

0 Likes
St3v3
Excursionist
25 0 14

Another who has been requesting this is resolved for a long time now.

I did contact support before Christmas but got the reply as others have.

I am now having to cancel any orders we get for Northern Ireland, as it was costing us too much money due to the shipping cost difference between the rUK and NI.

Its clear Shopify will not do anything about this as it has already been going on so long, so we are being forced to look at alternatives to Shopify, shame really but they are leaving us little choice.

Bulxar
Tourist
11 1 0

Is there any update on this!!

0 Likes
Lagruga
Excursionist
17 0 13

What I am hearing all the time is a bunch of excuses from all over the place; Support Chat, Phone, Forums, the lot. Then someone from Shopify makes a comment in this thread to highlight code of conduct? Definitely taking the mic!

Let's be real about this, the support team in here can do very little, probably zero influence (we thank them for trying)! There could be all sorts of politics inside Shopify that we are not aware of but neither the support team can say anything about it either. The subject has been going on for over 5 years and as of yet no solution. Its not a technical problem to them, for whatever reason Shopify chooses not to provide a solution and I can only think its a commercial driven decision. 

No matter how much we scream about it in here. it echos very weak. It has to come directly from each one of us straight to the helpline. That's what has been my strategy to push and push and I will not stop until we get there. Ridiculous, I know.

Other than that, I'll consider leaving Shopify.

Shame.

JamesMcC
Tourist
7 0 6

Hi Nick,

Splitting out the areas would be super... currently we have to cease supply Northern Ireland because of this.

Development Request:
We are an SME selling from Ireland (26 counties) and would like to be able to sell to Northern Ireland but not the UK as we currently cannot sell to the UK and the associated cost are prohibitive even if we wanted to. We are legally still are allowed to sell to Northern Ireland can you please confirm how with set up the shipping rules to accommodate this. Equally is it possible to isolate England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland into different zones as the shipping costs are different from our providers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

James

JamesMcC
Tourist
7 0 6

Now more reliant than ever.  We sell from Ireland to rest of world.  Due to UK Vat issues and Brexit/Customs issues it it currently too  expensive to sell to UK (plus DPD and Fedex/TNT have stopped service due to customs issues)... but we still can supply Northern Ireland.  If we had the ability to apply separate rules to Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales this would be hugely beneficial, not just legally but also as different courtiers apply to each area... we could then be more competitive.  Shopify do split out other areas...eg US so it would be super if this was standard.

EZB
Excursionist
11 0 11

Shopify can you hear us?

St3v3
Excursionist
25 0 14

Simple answer @EZB, yes they can hear us but just choosing to ignore us.

0 Likes