United Kingdom - split out countries, i.e. Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Hi there,

I'm trying to restrict certainly countries within the UK but this doesn't appear to be a standard shipping settling in Shopify which I can't believe.

Am I correct?

Dean

2 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2367 163 339

Hi Dean, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Really great question. Currently, the only way to break up shipping prices across the UK would be via an app. This is not native to the Shopify admin. There are a few apps which could be worth you looking into here for this:

I completely understand this is not ideal and the understanding for it, is that the postcode system across the UK is the same. I will, however, put in a feature request on your behalf about it to make our team aware for future development.

Thank you for bringing this up also, it's feedback for things such as this from store owners like yourself that let us know what's on your mind and how to make it better. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
58 0 9

I just wanted to bump this, it's been known for years that Shopify is missing this essential feature.

I think the severity of the issue needs to be highlighted:

1. you cannot sell to Ireland with Shopify out the box because you can't specify a higher shipping price to the customer
  2. If you sell only to England, Wales, Scotland as a UK business, the cost of shipping to Ireland is huge and you have to refund any orders you get from Ireland, hurting your reputation.

As a web dev. I come across this a lot with clients who have Shopify and want to exclude orders from Ireland, you can't without paying monthly for an entire app that allows lots of advanced shipping options, the client doesn't need any of that.

This affects every single store in the UK.

5 Likes
3 0 0

Hi

The shipping options are really poor on Shopify, driving me crazy!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Found a pretty simple way round this if your issue is excluding specific countries within Europe... ie. Northern Ireland ... 

Add your own customised shipping rate for example I done Northern Ireland: £15.00 any product shipped. 

fsdf.png

Then make sure you include in the "Shipping" Legal page... If a product is purchased via the "Free shipping" and you are based in Northern Ireland your order will be cancelled and money returned. As follows:

Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 07.06.50.png

Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 07.04.55.png

0 Likes