Unresolved USPS Shipping Solutions

Highlighted
6 0 0

I've read thread after thread in the forums concerning Shopify's lack of attention to offering multiple options under USPS and I shared 21 emails with support before the final conclusion was:

"Sorry that I don't have a better alternative for you at the moment, reach out with what USPS says so that we can get this sorted out for you!"

USPS is not going to help me with a 3rd party site. And if an app won't show shipping options at checkout it's no good. How does a customer choose? If Shopify support believes reaching out to USPS is the solution then why haven't they done this? As I said, the forums are loaded with frustration concerning the Shopify shipping interface and I read as far back as 2010 forward.

I need Standard Economy Post, Parcel Select, Media Mail, and Regional A,B,C options. Also, I need specific options on one particular category. We sell Vintage Greeting Cards in lots. Some customers wish to buy multiple lots and we would like to provide "combined shipping" where they would only pay shipping on the first lot, the rest free. This is specific to that one category only. I'm sending out an S.O.S. or I'll be forced onto another venue.

Customers need and want seamless checkout or they leave the cart. Unless shipping via USPS offers all shipping alternatives it's useless. Any app must be cost effective but I'm not going to spend upwards of $80 per month as I've already upgraded to receive real-time carrier rates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4112 25 375

If you have real-time Carrier Shipping API, the rest is pretty simple. You can install an App that listens to all your checkouts, and shows the customer the rates you want them to see. At this point you can also have some logic that decides how best to combine the products into the cart, and therefore to present your customers with the best rates you can offer. 

There are few Apps out there that will help you with your very specific needs as the majority are trying to provide the most common and easiest functionality to extend Shopify, not total control.

Your best bet may be to move past your rage with Shopify support, and invest in a small amount of custom scripting needed to run your business your way.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

HunkyBill - Move past my rage with Shopify support? As a so-called "Shopify Expert" you don't know what your accusing me of. I explained the issue and there was NO rage, NONE!

In fact, I explained the forum threads I've read and if you want rage look those up - there are some very unhappy people out there.

21 supoort emails and I'm told to contact USPS - I'm not full of rage just pointing out there is no Shopify solution and while you tell me there are all types of apps you don't point any cost effective one's out that will fullfil my needs, as I calmly explained.

I suppose you have over 3K posts offering nothing more than hot air! If you can't be useful then don't comment. Add to the discussion, don't make false claims and accusations. It's call adding value to the discussion. You're an app developer so you suggest I hire someone to write scripts - I thought I invested in Shopify to provide the platform to at least accomplish proper shipping options.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4112 25 375

Sorry dude. If you write 21 support requests and then give up, I can hardly assume peace and love on your part, but I will give you that frustration is probably more appropriate a word than rage. My bad. 

I can calmy explain to you that Shopify is extensible. Anyone merchant can offer ANY shipping rates they want, simply by plugging in an App.

Unfortunately many merchants (you included) seem to assume that means you'll find an App in the App store, which is patently FALSE. Anyone can install custom Apps in their shop to assist their shop and there is zero reason those Apps have to come from App store. Shopify lets you plugin in your own Apps ie) ones you develop yourself, or contract out. 

So as for your reply that I have nothing to offer, I say to you, calm down, re-read, and digest. I made ZERO false claims, zero accusations. I gave you the solution on a fricking golden platter dude. Good luck! 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

The following services : Standard Economy Post, Parcel Select, Media Mail, and Regional A,B,C options are definitely present with apps a plenty in the marketplace. So that should not be a problem. For example, you can use the Multi Carrier Shipping label app to get these rates. However, you also mentioned about implementing business rules that would allow you to charge for the first lot and leave the rest for free. This can be definitely worked out in the app. You can discuss with the team to fulfil this.

0 Likes