Update EIN in Payments

1 0 0

Hi! I am having the same problem, I'd like to update the EIN and other personal info (DOB/ SS)  and I can't seem to find where to do that. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, I have a similar issue and would like to update my EIN in shopify payments as well.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 34 85

Hey, @Lonnie_Mason, @Jenny2222, @campdovid!

We don't currently provide a way to update the EIN for Shopify Payments within the admin as this request requires an escalation to our Billing department. To update the EIN, we will need a document that includes these four elements: 

• IRS official document (not state-level tax documents, those are for sales tax and not income tax)
  • EIN
  • Legal business name
  • Address

I've gone ahead and emailed each of you to request this information. If you can follow up via email with the required document, then I can ensure your request is escalated up to our Billing team. In the future, I would recommend starting a new thread vs reactivating an older one as newer threads have a higher probability of being seen by our community and Shopify employees. Starting a new thread will help action your question/concern quicker to provide a better Community experience. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

i also need help updating my ein

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 34 85

@SupremeMinks 

I've shipped you an email! You'll need to reply back there with the requested information so I can get this escalated. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes