Update EIN in Shopify Payments

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello @Ash 

I need to update my EIN and Payout Account information as well. Would you be able to assist me with this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

Hey, @yhunt!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! I can absolutely assist you here. I've sent you an email to your Shopify Community accounts email address to create a support ticket for us. Please reply to the email to complete authentication for your account and I'll get us started on the next steps!

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I am trying to update my EIN. Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

Hey, @mattciclon!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I can absolutely assist with this! I've sent you an email to the email address on file with your Shopify Community account. Please reply back to that email and we can take the next steps together. Looking forward to hearing back!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello, may I please have your assistance with some EIN related questions? 

Where do I update the EIN and if I've sold my business and need to change the EIN to the new owners, can I do that at this point or do I need to wait until the end of the year for tax purposes? 

Thanks for any assistance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

Hey, @Kloud!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

If you need to update the EIN on your store, then our team can assist with making the change! Once we authenticate a user as the account owner for the shop in question, we can then provide a secure method of uploading the documentation required to make this update.

If you've sold your business and are no longer listed as the account owner, then the new account owner would be the only one capable of making such a request. With that said, may I ask how you sold your business? Did you sell the Shopify account through the Exchange Marketplace? If so, then all of your information would have been removed from the store at the time of ownership being transferred, and the new account owner would be able to set up the account with their own information. If you sold it externally from the Exchange Marketplace, then I suggest contacting the new account owner and having them reach out to us so we can help with updating their information on file. 

Whenever selling a Shopify account, we always recommend using the Exchange Marketplace, as this is the best option for privacy and security. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks for your help!

I sold it externally from the Exchange Market Place.  I'll have the new owner contact Shopify directly.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello 

Can you delete the personal information of my account shopify payments, because I made a mistake in the date of birth and my name.
And I would like to change the TIN number please.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

Hey, @HafidaCher!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to this thread and to the Shopify Community!

When sensitive information on a Shopify Payments account needs to be changed, our team is able to help with making sure it's done securely. I'll need to authenticate you on the shop in order to proceed, and so I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account. Please reply back to that email with the information I request in it, and we can proceed from there together. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,
Ash

I need to change the birthday: XX-XX-XXXX (new), TIN number: XXX
(new, belgium).

My URL is XX.myshopify.com.

My email address is XXX@XX.com

Thank You