Urgent: Submit your photo ID to verify

Solved
Waysideopshop
8 0 0

Hi there,

Unfortunately it has been 7 days and still nothing has been changed. The notifications are still on our backend homepage. Is there someway we can look into this deeper? Via email?

For the immediate support link you gave it takes to me to here, nothing on the page. Even when I sign in. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 7.40.17 AM.png

This forum seems to be the only place you can receive support responses.  

Thank you

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 110

Hi @Stus

Did they offer a timeframe on when your payouts would become available again?

You should be able to view your payout status from your admin by going to Shopify Payments > View Payouts. There you should see your previous and next payout as well as the estimated date you'll receive the payment. If this information isn't present, you'll want to reach back out via email and let them know. 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 110

Hi @sandersds

Thanks for your post. You'll need to be sure that the ID you are submitting is a picture of a piece of government-issued photo identification, along with any required supporting business documentation.

You can feel free to reply to the email to ask for clarity on what they need. Some ID isn't considered valid so your best bet is to submit a passport or driver's license.

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 110

Hi @Waysideopshop

Thanks for the screenshot there. It looks like that could be a browser related issue so definitely try clearing your cache or attempting to access the Contact page from another browser. In any case, I am so sorry you've been having trouble getting through. We are experiencing a very high volume of support requests due to the current circumstances.

I have reached out securely via email, please respond as directed when you get a chance and we can proceed with a closer look into your account. 

0 Likes
Timpiete
3 0 0

My Shopify account is asking for a photo id verification, but the person who started the Shopify account is not anymore the owner and therefore it is asking for their photo id. How can I change this so I am the one who can submit my Id? I changed the name under settings but it is still asking for the original owner's id. 

Thanks- Tim  

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 110

Hi @Timpiete

Thanks for getting in touch about this. I have reached out to you via secure email. Please follow the directions in your reply and we can proceed with having our Accounts team take a closer look at this for you. If you have any questions, just let me know. 

0 Likes
ttan
Excursionist
27 0 4

Hi @Ren7 ,

I have received my payout for my first order but I see the message below on my home page:

ttan_1-1599748606289.png

ttan_0-1599748497976.png

Would like to check if it's acceptable for me to blur out sensitive information such as my identification number when submitting my photo ID? As it a PDPA law in my country- Singapore that our identification number should not be shared with anyone.

Kindly advise. Thanks very much.

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 110

Hello @ttan

Thanks for getting in touch with your question. The best thing you can do is to submit your ID however you feel comfortable doing so. When clicking Upload Documents, if there is an area to add notes you can explain your actions there. Otherwise, the team responsible for receiving these documents will get in touch if there is an issue and you can always describe to them your situation at that time. 

Hope that helps! 

0 Likes
Laylart
1 0 0

Hi there

I live in UK and I own my website. I am trying to upload some documents for identifications.

I have used my driving license (front and back) and I have got this message that is is not approved???????

I also don't have any utility bill under my name, as I work from home (this is my new business) and everything is under my husband's name and he takes care of the utility bills.

There is only one utility bills, that is joined and it is again under our married name ( I have not changed my surname officially) so I can't provide that. The other option is 'Government official Identifications, and here in UK we don't have ID as in other European countries, what other options have I got. I can provide other documents with my address on it, such as my bank statements, my counterpart driving licence, and so far they have all been rejected. I have no idea what else I can do.

I should also mention, on my driving license you can see both my photo and my address, could you please help??

Many thanks

Layla

0 Likes
Ren7
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 48 110

@Laylart

Ren here from the Shopify Support team, hoping to help you out. 

It sounds like you might not have been approved due to a discrepancy in your last name.

What I would recommend is responding to the email you received and asking for clarification on the documentation necessary to properly validate your ID. That email would connect you to the team in charge of securely handling your documentation. In the event that you can't respond or reach out, let me know and I can escalate your request to the appropriate team. 

0 Likes