Urgent: Submit your photo ID to verify

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hoping I can have some assistance on the above topic. Our shopify is under our business name and entity. When required I.d is needed who's I.d should we provide. And also will the site be shut down if not given by tomorrow afternoon? Help!! 

Url: https://wayside-chapel-op-shop.myshopify.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 96

Hi @Waysideopshop

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, here to help. Thanks for your post! When it comes to submitting ID for verification for any shop, the person who opened the account as the account owner is required to submit a picture of a piece of government-issued photo identification as well as any supporting business documents as requested.

The account owner can use the banner that appears on the homepage to upload the necessary files. While the verification process is happening, you can expect your payouts may be put on hold but the store generally remains open and customers can continue to place orders.

So to summarize, the person that opened the account and has their name listed as the account owner must be the one to submit the documentation. Let me know if you have any concerns about that or require any further clarification. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello, thank you for answering we uploaded the I.D for the person who opened the account however it was not valid..what does this mean? Is there a way you can look into who's i.d is required? 

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 9.52.44 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hello, I too have been unable to download ID that is accepted. My payouts are now on hold. I have spent 3 days asking support for their help to no avail except being told that someone will look into it over the next 72 hours. This timeline is unacceptable. I have exhausted all avenues of help. Can someone please advise / recommend anything ?
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 96

Hi again @Waysideopshop

Was there a specific error message along when you attempted to submit the ID? Can you try again and make sure there are no extra spaces in the information fields (like next to names, etc) and double check for any spelling issues. Also, please make sure you are providing JPG or PNG files during the secure upload. Let me know how that goes! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 96

Hey @Stus

Thanks for your post.

It sounds like you've done all the right things in terms of reaching out to support for help and it sounds like your query was sent to the appropriate team for looking into this issue for you. I understand a 72 hour timeline feels quite long during this time and your patience is appreciated while the team reviews your ticket.

Due to the sensitive information being processed, a very specific team must handle this type of request and so long as you have reached out and have opened a ticket, you are on the right track. Please keep an eye out for a follow up and be sure to check your spam folders too. 

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello,

I resubmitted a passport as there was another notification saying the I.d given needs to match the account name given which it does but still not accepted. 

Will this be looked into by someone over the next 72 hours like the above person said? To avoided disappointed users I would highly suggest adding the i.d verification during the opening of the account not after a website goes live, it;s quite stressful and not clear as to when this will be resolved. 

Please let me know a timeframe. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
648 41 96

Hi @Waysideopshop

Just checking in to see whether this has been resolved for you.

I am not able to gauge a more specific time frame without looking at your personal details, though, in the event that you need further assistance please let me know and I can reach out via secure email due to the discussion of sensitive details. Don't forget, we always have 24/7 live support available so if you are looking for more immediate assistance you can always reach out here. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Thankyou for your reply, I have been advised that this matter has been
resolved however I am still waiting to see when pay outs recommence after 6
days of none.
Thankyou
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I have also recently got that message where I had to give my ID so that my Shopify Payments payouts would no longer be on hold.

I uploaded a photo of my passport, sharp and no distracting background. Yet it is somehow rejected and they say it is not valid. While it is valid. And now it says ''If you want to continue using Shopify Payments, you'll need to resubmit your Photo ID to verify your identity. ''

Hopefully you can help me with this.

Regards, Sander.

0 Likes