Urgent: Submit your photo ID to verify

Solved
spasterfield
Tourist
5 0 13

Hi, I have been using Shopify since 2017 and have never had an issue with payments, but today I receive a banner on my store that says 'To continue receiving payouts, you need to update your name in order to verify your identity.'

When I click on 'Update Personal Details' it takes me to a textbox with the correct name... meaning I have already entered the correct name years ago.

In addition to this, I am unable to find anywhere on the entire website or phone app to change my name, or to upload a photo ID, like everyone else has had to do today.

Is this an error with Shopify? It seems very odd that all of a sudden everyone has had their payments paused.

Thankyou

csam89
2 0 0

I am having the exact same problem. And it looks as though someone has tried to log into my account from a different city. I'm a little worried.

0 Likes
murtazaameer
1 0 0

hi guys , i am getting this message on my home portal as well.

There is no place i can submit my IDs, i will appreciate if Shopify also give link to upload those documents.

Regards

ameer

0 Likes
csam89
2 0 0

I just chatted with someone from Shopify and it sounds like its just a problem on their end and their nothing to worry about. I can't remember the exact words unfortunately.

0 Likes
e_toppo
1 0 0

i have also got this problem and cant find a way to update my id? i don't even know why I should need to, nothings changed? helpp!

0 Likes
LFM
1 0 0

I am also seeing the same notification, to upload by the 28th but the link it gives just takes me to Shopify support, no form or anything to upload any ID. It would be great to have clarification of what needs to be done here!

0 Likes
ChelseaMilner
Tourist
4 0 2

hi, 

I am having the same issue, however my account is not letting me upload an image at all. Can you please help?

Thanks, 

Chelsea 

0 Likes
aaliyahlanai
1 0 0

Uhm I need help, how do you change the name of the person that it says to submit the document if you made a new owner?

0 Likes
NyaB
1 0 0

Hey so my daughter has her own business & when I was setting up her shopify website it asked for a name and the last 4 of a SSN. Me not thinking I used her SSN instead of mines. Now it’s saying they need her driver’s license or some type of identification with her name on it! Is there any way I can change her account & put it in my name & etc? 

0 Likes
ChelseaMilner
Tourist
4 0 2
Oooh I'm not sure on that one! It's best to message one of the shopify
admin on forum. Good luck
0 Likes