Use of package boxes for custom carrier?

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello Shopify Community.

Im am at the moment developing a custom solution for, a carrier but i ran into a problem. We need to have sizes from our customers and i noticed that Shopify works with package boxes and then you can get height, length, width of these boxes, but my question is how do we enable so when you do fulfillment on an order that they can select their added box sizes? Just like seen below:
choose-package-type-e1dea2167e2e658ba02e56b8bf766d74e7b1e9e4616247cf0655c2415443feb8

And if it possible to enable then then i need to have the size chosen when they complete the fulfillment and how is this done? I need the following data to complete a call to our API:

"length" => "0",
"width" => "0",
"height" => "0",

Already solved getting total grams of an order. Hope someone are able to help us out here so i can continue the development.

Best regards

Kevin Hansen

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

No solution for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

If not possible to use box sizes, what is another solution to this? We need those attributes filled somehow.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Anyone had this problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 9 34
Hey there,

Shopify only allows a merchant to set a single package as their default package. This means all shipping requests within their system use this package to pull live rates from their integrated carriers. Unfortunately, third-party apps don't see this information at the time of a rating request.

I believe there's a way to pull this list using GraphQL. I'm not at my desk at the moment but I'll take a look when I'm back to see if I can find it.

You would need to link the merchant to your own app where they pick the fulfillment package size and then you would pull a label. I recommend making the action part of the order page so your app receives the order Id. You can then use the API to lookup the order details for the request.

After the labels have been generated, you can send a fulfillment update for the order through the API with a tracking number if available. This will trigger an email notification to the merchant's customer.

Joel.
Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 9 34

I couldn't find the ability to pull a list of the packages, but there are mutations available on GraphQL that allow you to modify the existing packages.  However, these look to be more for internal use than external.

GraphQL Package MutationsGraphQL Package Mutations

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes