Hello again AidanG,
Well despite PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) not showing on the third party payment providers list initially, I then searched in the top search bar and found it.
Ok so then I deactivated PayPal Payflow Pro and tried activating PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) (well "reactivating" it as per the button in the settings as it must be able to sense that I was using it years ago prior to Shopify removing it a while back) and unfortunately it flashes up a red box telling me "could not update your provider" therefore I cannot switch (back) to using PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) frustratingly.
As a result I immediately reactivated PayPal Payflow Pro and thankfully that let me reactivate it, otherwise I would of been in a real pickle.
I checked all the PayPal credentials and they were all 100% correct, I even retyped the password that was saved from when I used to have PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) running years ago, and tried activating it again, but still no joy.
So it appears there's currently some sort of hang-up/bug within the Shopify settings that do not allow us merchants to activate PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK), or maybe it's a bug affecting us merchants who used to have PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) activated prior to when Shopify removed if off of the list -- as the button to activate PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) in my case today read as "reactivate".
I could see the PSD2 Cardinal settings when I was trying to activate PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) just now, so that's a very positive insight indeed. However, for the immediate future do you know when this PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) activation (reactivation) bug in which I am experiencing, will be fixed?
Thank you very much
I'm looking forward to being A) back on PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) again at long last, and of course most crucially B) to having 3DS in place for PSD2 compliance.
Feels like a long time since I began this thread back in January of this year, but it appears that it is finally coming to fruition thanks to your kind and very useful input.
I'll await the next forum thread notification email!
Thanks again Aidan!
Hello again Aidan,
Just done it now and it's activated perfectly! Thank you very much.
And so in terms of PayPal/Cardinal providing me with the necessary Cardinal credentials, I believe I signed up via PayPal's link to Cardinal back in I think April of this year, at which stage I received the confirmation of sign-up email from Cardinal saying that they were still working on the Shopify integration and would be in touch in due course, however since then I've not had anything else form Cardinal and so don't yet have the necessary Cardinal credentials.
Is that all normal at this stage? i.e. should I just continue to wait to hear back from either Cardinal or PayPal on those credentials? Presumably it's still a work-in-progress...
That's great, thanks for letting us know about the issue.
Regarding Cardinal - you can sign up for the credentials through the link in your Settings > Payment Provider > Manage. There is a link to an FAQ and at the bottom of the page you can sign up for the credentials. There is a specific form there for PayPal. It might take a few days for Cardinal to issue those but if you haven't heard from them since April I would advise checking in or trying again.
Let me know if you have any problems.
Just a quick update Aidan,
I contacted Cardinal to get the necessary credentials and today I have been given them. So I have input them into both of my (twin) stores just now, and so I believe I can officially say that I'm PSD2 compliant!
Turns out that in the end this thread was worth it!
Thank you very much for your help Aidan.
I just want to add some additional context that others might find helpful.
A lot of countries have extended the deadline for PSD2. For example, the UK have an 18 month extension therefore we do not expect banks from those countries to start challenging transactions on September 14th now that there is extra time. We understand that some store owners might want to wait until they see more strict enforcement from their country or see challenges on orders.
We will continue to give store owners the option to enable and let them know in the admin if they are not PSD2 compliant, however, it is up to each merchant to make the decision when they want to change their gateway or if they want to add Cardinal Commerce 3D secure credentials.
We will also continue to add integrated PSD2 compliant solutions, like Shopify Payments and Stripe, to more countries. We recently added Stripe to Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Slovenia, & Greece.
Yeah I think I will be holding-off on it until the 18 month deadline comes around.
I turned on the 3DS today and the first UK customer to try ordering with it on (a long standing customer BTW) ran into a payment decline because of it, with the decline message reading as follows:
"Field format error: 12000-Transaction is not compliant due to missing or invalid 3D-secure authentication values"
I'm not sure what caused that to occur, but when I noticed it in my abandoned orders I immediately turned off the 3DS as I don't want this occurring by any means.
Luckily said customer returned shortly after I had turned 3DS off and tried again and had no issue paying then.
Not sure if you can shed any light on the above decline message? Is it a credentials issue, a banking issue, a Shopify issue or a PayPal issue?
You said that if I use a third-party gateway, I will be asked to sign up for Cardinal Commerce. Well, this is my case also.
However, I don't really understand why you force us to have one option alone: Cardinal. My biggest concern regarding them is that they are LITERALLY unable to be reached via phone calls. I called numerous times, nobody answers, I even sent e-mails, and they eventually replied, and we ended up scheduling a callback. Guess what? Nobody called me back, even though they confirmed.
They did send me on the e-mail, however, the application form I need to fulfill. And they ask me for my credit card number, the name on the card, expiration date, AND CV2. I might as well give them full access to my bank account. No company, EVER, will ask you to fill all this information for them to have on a piece of paper!!
How can I give them access to all that, when I can't even trust them as a company, when I can't even get in touch with nobody there??
|an hour ago|
|2 hours ago|
|4 hours ago|
|4 hours ago|
|5 hours ago|