Using Printful & Gooten for Fullfillment

polodolo
7 0 0

I need help.

I'm using Instagram Influencers for my brand and most if not some reside in the English countries (Canada, US, Australia, UK, New Zealand). I wanted to know if Shopify automatically sets the shipping times and rates for integrated platforms like Printful and Gooten.

Does Shopify have a video on how to fulfill orders with both platforms?

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
947 81 221

Hi, @polodolo!

Julie here from Shopify Support. Great question!

When it comes to using third-party apps, the best way to determine how they function is by reviewing their help documentation. This is especially the case when it comes to dropshipping and print-on-demand apps, since the apps handle order fulfillment, one of the most important functions for online businesses.

I'm not entirely sure whether the Gooten and Printful app developers offer video tutorials, but for your convenience, here are some help docs from each developer that offer some insight on how shipping and fulfillment works: 

These help docs outline how you can set up shipping rates for your Printful and Gooten products in Shopify. There, you'll learn that you have the option of setting up flat-rate shipping rates (and how to determine which rates to use), or live shipping rates. Live rates are carrier-calculated real-time rates that are calculated based on the product weight, along with where it's being shipped from and to. Live rates require you to have a feature called carrier-calculated shipping enabled on your Shopify plan.

While carrier-calculated shipping is available to Shopify's Advanced plan users, it's free on any plan if you switch to an annual billing cycle. If you're not ready to upgrade your plan or commit to annual billing, then you can also have this feature added to your store for an additional $20/month. If you want to use live rates, you'll just need to contact Shopify Support and our team will be happy to add the feature to your plan. 

These help docs also offer insight into how fulfillment works. With both of these apps, you'll have the option to set up automatic fulfillment. This means that when an order is placed on your online store, the suppliers will automatically fulfill and ship the order to your customer, making the fulfillment process super easy for you. 

If you have any questions about these apps, or if you need help with the setup, you can always contact the app developers directly via the Support section on each app's listing in the Shopify App Store. You can also typically find contact information or help documentation directly within the apps themselves. Since these apps are developed by third-party developers, they'll be the best to assist with any app-specific questions you may have. 

By the way, it's great to hear that you're using Instagram influencers to promote your brand. If you're new to influencer marketing, I recommend checking out our blog post, "The Beginner's Guide to Influencer Marketing on Instagram". There, you'll learn how to find the right influencers, set a clear brief, and maximize content value. There's so much to learn when it comes to influencer marketing and I'm sure you'll find this guide quite useful! 

I hope this leads you in the right direction! Let me know if you need a hand with anything else. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes