Is shipping handled by Printful when fulfilling orders?

Tourist
12 0 1

Is it safe to assume that if orders are fulfilled by Pritnful I don't need to worry about shipping in Shopify?

I noticed that shopify had shipping rates calculated.

I just want to make sure I'm not paying for shipping 2x.

That being said.. I am using shippo and endicia - is there a better way to do this just in shopify?

~P.

Replies 3 (3)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Hey, @204471!

Sophia here from Shopify. This is a great question, and I'm happy to review the shipping options with you here.

The carrier calculated rates provided through Shopify Shipping are helpful if you're shipping products on your own, but they won't work for print on demand or dropshipping since you can't guarantee the same delivery times offered by those rates and might not have access to the exact product weights and package dimensions.

Any time you're working with an app or fulfillment center that ships products for you, flat rates are the way to go if you're sticking with the shipping settings in the Shopify admin. Printful can integrate flat rates for you, or you can create your own based on your average shipping cost. If you've worked shipping costs into your product prices, you can simply set up a free shipping rate for your customers.

Alternatively, you can integrate Printful's calculated rates with your store by using the Advanced Shipping Rules app and the carrier calculated shipping feature. This will allow you to charge customers to exact rate you'll pay for shipping.

Can you tell me a bit about what you're currently using Shippo and Endicia for? And do you have other products outside of Printful as well?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tourist
12 0 1

Sophia-

I am in the process of transitioning to print shipping directly from Shopify. I love the integration. However, The 4x6 label prints correctly followed by three blank labels. Kinda wasteful. 🙂 I have checked the printing settings - they are correct. I am using the DYMO 4XL printer with DYMO 1744907 Label.  Actually, .looking closer at the label, there is a line across the top about 1/4 of an inch down and line across the right side 1/4 inch in from the margin.

Also, as a side not, the Post Office says the package should ship for 51 cents. (its an envelope) and Shopify prints the postage at $1.00.

I loof forward to your reply.

Thanks!

~P. 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Glad to hear that the label is printing as expected, but we definitely want to make sure that additional labels aren't wasted.

Since the label itself is printing correctly, there might be an issue with the printer that's causing blank labels to come through and unexpected lines to be printed. I recommend reviewing DYMO's user manual to see if troubleshooting can resolve this (troubleshooting steps begin on page 19 of the manual). Pages 5-7 cover loading labels correctly. If this issue persists, you can contact DYMO support through their website.

Regarding the cost of the label, please let me know which carrier(s) you're using so I can take a look into the costs and investigate further with our Shipping team if necessary.  

Are you still using Printful in addition to shipping other products on your own?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog