Using Square as a Payment Gateway

1 0 0

I run a CBD hemp company and none of the options Shopify provides work. I've been using a solution through Authorize.Net that was recently canceled. In the past week, I've gotten accepted to the hemp/cbd pilot program with Square but Shopify doesn't seem to work with Square at all.

Is there any way to use Square as the payment processor for Shopify?

I'd hate to have to move my store to a different platform.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 40

Hey, @plainjanehemp!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

I know it can be difficult to find a payment processor sometimes and I am glad you have been accepted on Square. It isn't a gateway we offer on Shopify at the moment, as it is not verified to use through Shopify. This is the list for gateways that are currently verified through Shopify. Other gateways can be integrated but because that is the list of verified gateways with Shopify, they are the only ones we can support. This is because we cannot guarantee how an external gateway that is unverified through Shopify would work with our platform.

To use a payment gateway, like Square which is not on Shopify, you would have to hire a developer to set it up as an external redirect checkout that can use that gateway. Here is a link to our Shopify Experts to assist you if needed.

I hope that helps and I wish you all the best with your business. Let me know if you need anything else at all.

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@plainjanehemp there is not a way to integrate Square with Shopify as that would violate Squares Terms of Service agreement. Square is also a direct competitor of Shopify so it's unlikely they would support this.

As far as being able to stay on Shopify and not moving your site to WordPress, we are working with several large CBD companies and have a couple of solutions that might work for you. We have direct relationships with three other solutions, two domestic and one international. And with these solutions, we are working directly with c-suite, business development, legal, compliance, state government, attorney generals, and FDA. 

With regards to Square, be cautious, their compliance protocols are terrible and I caution large companies when looking at them. Having done tests in getting apps approved – it's only a matter of time until they get shut down and I would not be surprised if they also get charged with criminal charges. If compliance is important to you–be cautious.

CBD Oil br>Expert Web Developer, CBD Consultant, Merchant Processor, & Shopify Partner
0 Likes