Using Square as a Payment Gateway

Highlighted
2 0 0

But I know there was a way that came out in September so I'm currently trying to do it right now. If you were able to do it, it'd be awesome if you can help a fellow cbd cigarette manufacturer out

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 1

Hey @TyW ,

Please let me know the steps I can take to begin the approval process for landing on that page of approved merchants you provided. I work with a payment provider called PayKings that specializes in CBD Merchant Accounts.

Thanks! 

Dustin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 1

Hi @plainjanehemp ,

I work with a Merchant Account Provider called PayKings that specializes in getting CBD accounts approved. Plus we have a Shopify integration. 

Contact me personally if you want to learn more! dustin@paykings.com

Cheers, 

Dustin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 1

Hi @plainjanehemp ,

I am looking to expand our partnership program with CBD related companies exactly like yours. I work with a Merchant Account Provider called PayKings that specialized in getting CBD accounts approved. 

Contact me personally if you want to learn more! dustin@paykings.com

Cheers, 

Dustin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 1

Hi @marhaljason95 , 

If Square's new beta doesn't work out for you, feel free to contact me dustin@paykings.com. I work with a CBD payment processing company that can get your account approved in under week. We're also looking for partnerships if that's something you'd be interested in as well. 

Cheers, 

Dustin

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Shopify payments is behind the industry by not accepting CBD and HEMP products that are 100% legal on the state and federal level. They don't integrate with Square because they are in competition.

If you find a gateway that will integrate with both, you have to pay an additional 2% per transaction - PLEASE explain how is it fair and where is the business logic to attract new customers? The gateway company most likely going to charge you extra for their transactions.

Was anyone able to resolve and address this mystery?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 1 1

Hey @SativaSprings let me know if you're still looking for a CBD merchant solution. We just opened our doors to CBD Vape, flowers, and pre-rolls as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Can anyone tell me more about Emb ? I don't sell CBD or hemp products but I wold really love to accept Square payments on my Shopify. Lulu5 ? Thanks !

2 Likes
1 0 1

Nobody in this thread offered any new or valuable information. Shopify doesn't appear to be interested in the hemp industry at this time, and it doesn't look like that will change anytime soon. 

1 Like
Highlighted

@greenvalleycbd and every CBD merchant out there... I get that not being able to use Shopify Payments (Stripe) for CBD is causing frustration, anger, disappointment, and I know for me when I started this new endeavor was like, " WTF it's just a plant, how hard can it be..."

As someone who has been in processing for 10 years, primarily on the product and marketing side and having now transitioned to a biz dev/sales/ compliance role with a startup developing a Global FinTech solution for banking and processing things like CBD, Adult, Cannabis, Gambling, Influencer Payments, I can tell you the complexity of doing CBD along and in the US is complex. Our advisory board members each have been in processing space for 25-40, some former board members of processors First Data and Elavon, shared at our last board meeting, CBD has been the most challenging vertical they've ever seen.

This discussion could be a week-long conference in itself. I don't have time for that, so I wrote an article called 6 Obstacles CBD Merchants Need to Understand and Why Processors Struggle with CBD Accounts to shed some light on the difficulty of providing merchant accounts to CBD merchants.

Where CBD is today is not different than where Cannabis was in Colorado years ago. The CEO of Flowhub shared one great piece of advice with me and it's so accurate and I hope you find value in it as much as I do. It's what keeps me going for sure.

If you are in CBD today, you are not selling a plant, a tincture, a cream, a candy, a health product or a consumer good product, you are selling compliance. You must stop seeing yourself as business owner and more as a politicy maker. The people that understand this, will be the ones who last the chopping block. 

2020 is the start of CBD regulation and it's going to be at least 2-4 more years of challenges. There will be 10-60 class-action lawsuits against brands in CBD – big and small. The FDA will send 60-150 more violation letters. Banks will remove existing CBD merchant's accounts and deny many new ones, even when the bill passes the senate.

So if you choose to be in CBD, know what you are in for. If you fight and say I'm going to do it my way, you're going to struggle in finding a processing partner and a bank partner. 

If you are looking for a solution and compliance is your game, shoot me an email at jd@integritypay.co. We've got a domestic solution integrated with Authorize.net for Shopify. Tinctures, Topicals, Vape, Gummies, Flower, Capsules and no infused foods like cookies, brownies, snacks.

However, if you are not going to be compliant with underwriting, we are not interested in partnering with you.

IntegrityPay, Expert Web Developer, High-Risk Processor, CBD Consultant, Merchant Processor, & Shopify Partner
0 Likes