Using Stripe externally as checkout provider for Alipay

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I need to support Alipay as a payment method, and I have found that the easiest way to do this without inconveniencing myself and my clients is to use Stripe. Unfortunately, the Shopify implementation does not use the Stripe checkout so I am unable to pass the required API calls to Stripe in order to enable Alipay payment (as detailed in here, in part: https://stripe.com/blog/unifying-payment-types-in-the-api).

Am I able to make Shopify redirect to Stripe for payment processing to allow me to utilise Alipay? Or alternatively, is there some way for Shopify to support the alternative methods provided by Stripe outside of credit card processing?

Thank you.

Jeremy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 0 1

Hi Jeremy,

Currently there is no way to set up API calls beyond what's built into the existing gateway integrations so it would not be possible to add in Stripes Alipay support. It's definitely something for us to look into though and I've added a feature request to potentially build it into the platform :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

I wanted to know if your feature request will be implemented sometime in the near future.  I am very interested in having alipay as a payment option on my website as well. If not, is there another workaround that I can implement?

Thanks!  

-Jodi

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Is there any update or help to use Shopify -> Stripe -> AliPay?

1 Like