Using UPS innovation and Shopify doesn't display them as actual tracking links...

1 0 0

We have started to hit great numbers for our shop, so UPS offered us a great discount.

It's through UPS Innovation.

However, Shopify simply doesn't recognize these tracking numbers. They are a tad longer than usual ones.

Here is an example one: 92612902410421543400005998 

It works fine on UPS' site, but Shopify when you put the number in acts like the carrier is unknown: https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&tracknum=92612902410421543400005998&requester=WT/trackdetails

It creates zero links, doesn't recognize it as UPS, and has made thousands of our customers upset overnight.

Is there any way I can fix this? Or do I have to go off of Shopify?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 0 12

Hi there,

I just tested this out w/ the shipping label that you gave me. When I added it manually to a test order and chose USPS, it worked fine. Are you able to change the tracking carrier manually, at least for now?

Your best bet is to contact Shopify support directly.

Good luck!

Todd

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
559 36 80

Hey, Rhea. 

Dallas here from the Social Care Team here a Shopify. 

I took a look at the link through my test store and it appeared to work for me. When I was on the order page I marked the item as fulfilled and then put the number under Tracking Number. Now, you may have to select the shipping carrier (in your case you will need to select UPS), but then you should be good to go. Click Save and voila!

It should look something like this:

If your's doesn't, in fact, look like this, please let me know! You can just reply to this forum and I will be happy to help you further. 

Best, 
Dallas. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes