Using barcode scanner during the packing of orders

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi.

In order to minimize the packing mistakes we are looking for an app that makes it possible to scan (barcode) picked items and compare it to the packing slip.

Example:

On a mobile device it will show a list of orders ready to pack from Shopify. The operator then selects an order and scans in the items picked. The app then compares it to the order and gives some kind of feedback if the picked items matches the order.

Is there a solution available for Shopify ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've been looking for one too. I found an app called 'orderly print' today and it meets all you've said. check it out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi

I've been in contact with the developer op this app, and they said that this is on the list to make, but not developed yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've been using the Groovepacker Lite app  ( https://apps.shopify.com/groovepacker-lite ) which is good to qc orders and catch mistakes. You'll need to add a barcode to your packing slip, you can find the instructions in the app. First you scan the order number of the order that you are ready to pick or pack, then it shows you what to scan and checks it. You do need to have a sku and a barcode saved for each item you sell and if there are varients (colors/sizes/ect) those need skus and barcodes too. If you come across items without barcodes while scanning it let you add them by scanning it in. You can run it on a laptop or a mobile. I am using a little chromebook and a Socket bluetooth scanner now and it works well. If you use Shipstation or Shippingeasy you can use their stand alone app is better for that I think.
-KC

0 Likes