Using custom fulfillment

Highlighted
Shopify Expert
26 0 14

Hello,

I have a store where we are using custom fulfillment for some products. It sends an email notification to the custom fulfillment service. My problem is the line item needs to be flagged 'fulfilled" for this notification to go out. It's not fulfilled yet though we the fulfillment service has yet to fulfill it. Once I do this I have to use the 'archive' / 'not-archvied' to determine which orders have really been fulfilled or not fulfilled.

Is there a way for the fulfillment service to be notifed on payment complete or order placement instead of forcing to to set fulfillment status to 'fulfilled'. I would like to flag the order as fulfilled once I hear backf rom the fulfillment service that it has been fulfilled and shippped.

This also causes confusion with POS as any of the shared products sold there (and provided POS) have notifications sent for fufilllemnt when they don't need fulfillment.

Thanks,
Jason Richey

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2397 163 352

Hi Jason, 

Nick here from Shopify. Really great question. 

I did some digging for you on this to see if it was possible in any way shape or form. The only way for the custom fulfiller to get the message to fulfill is when you fulfill it from your.... Because you are the seller the fulfill action must be activated by your store for the fulfillment pr.... Having the custom service be notified and fulfill the order before you do it from your end could open up some other unforeseen problems. It could be worth looking into doing fulfillments manually and fulfilling the order after conversing with your fulfillment service. Completely understand how this might not be ideal, but probably the best workaround currently. 

Regarding the POS fulfillment, Shopify does have a helpful guide on this going through it all in more detail, which you can see here

All the best, 

Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
92 0 7

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders can definitely help you out. It allows you to set up suppliers and import products and their cost prices. You can then automatically generate purchase orders from orders your customers make and it will import all of the items they order and their address and email it to your supplier.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

0 Likes