Validating UK addresses?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

is there anyway of validating UK delivery addresses during checkout?

getting loads of customers who have no idea where they live and the street name and postcode don’t match and we have no idea which one is correct.

dont mind paying a monthly fee but will not pay “per search” as we do too many orders.

thanks

Gemma

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
836 53 134

Hi, Gemma.

Dallas here. I would love to help you out with your great question! 

I have found a couple of apps for you that you may want to look into. The first one is called Address Validator. It is free to download, however, it may have additional fees when you are using it or as your business grows. It will do what you are looking for in making sure that addresses are proper addresses that you can deliver to. 

If you are finding that you are getting a lot of orders from false addresses, you may want to look into some fraud prevention services. Fraud Filter is free from Shopify and you can simply add it to your store by clicking on the link above. This will trigger a warning for any orders that don't make sense or seem like they could be, well, fraudulent. 

I don't know if this could help you, but there is also a Product Zipcode Validator. This will allow you to make sure certain products are only available in certain regions. This doesn't relate to what you are wanting exactly. However, I found it during my search and figured that it would be a good thing for you to know about in case it could be of service or piques your interest. 

I hope this helps to answer the question that you had, but if you would like more assistance or if any other questions come to mind, please let me know! You can get in touch with me directly by replying to this forum post or if you would rather be in touch with a live guru you are able to contact one of them by going to this link here

Cheers,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Interesting, thank you. Will have a good look at "Address Validator", they charge $0.02 per address but that's not too bad.

We are not getting fraud orders from false address, it's more people not putting the correct address. Usually the postcode (zipcode) and street address don't match.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
836 53 134

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Gemma. 

I see! If that is the case I recommend taking a look at "Address Validator". I think that will be the best option for you. 

Since you are not dealing with a lot of fraud you can put that app in the back of your mind for if you were to ever need it. However, it is one of those things that doesn't really hurt to have anyways. 

Either way, there is no wrong answer as it is completely based on personal preference. 

Any other questions you may have please let me know. 

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes