Want to charge shipping with one collection, but free if combined with another

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! I have a new (clothing) shop and to incentivize shopping during the shelter in place etc., I am offering free shipping on all clothing items with no minimum.

However, today I am adding jewelry to my shop, and the margins on the jewelry is MUCH less than the clothing, so I want to charge shipping for the jewelry and set it up as a collection to have shipping costs.  But, I would like my customers to be able to get free shipping if they add a clothing item to their order (and incentivize adding a clothing item to the order).

So right now, one shirt/etc = free shipping. One pair of earrings = $3. If they add the shirt to the cart with the earrings, I assume it will automatically apply the $3. I can't figure out how to make a "discount" of "if x is purchased with y, shipping is free". 

Am I missing something or is this not possible?  Thank you so much for any help - I did a search and I don't believe this has been asked. I don't think it will be a huge roadblock to my customers, but if I could incentivize the upsell without a coupon code, that would be fantastic.

Thank you,

Meghan

0 Likes