Warning in checkout scares customers away

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I just launched my shopify store www.shoppingzone24.com and I have a problem with purchasing the goods:

When clicking to the Checkout a warning screen displays

This connection is not private. This website may be impersonating "shoppingzona24.com" to steal your personal or financial information. you should go back to previous page. 

Furthermore, if I click directly "Buy it now" instead of adding it the product to the cart, nothing happens at all.

Please help me fix this in order not to scare customers away!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
172 17 20

Hey there, @IvKoi!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry that your customers are seeing this error, but I believe I've pinpointed the issue.

It looks like your shop's SSL certificate has failed. A secured website will display a lock icon next to the domain in the address bar like this:

17-31-nktle-yfsan

Your website is showing "Not secure":

17-32-tlwgj-vqfu9

Have you purchased your domain through Shopify, or through a third party domain provider? Normally, Shopify purchased domains will be setup properly on their own, unless you've made changes to the DNS settings manually. You'll want to check your DNS settings to ensure they're pointing to Shopify. Your A record should be point to 23.227.38.65 and your CNAME should point to shops.myshopify.com.

I used whatsmydns.net to check your DNS Settings and it appears your A record is currently pointed to 23.227.38.32 rather than 23.227.38.65, and there doesn't appear to be a CNAME shown. If you're using a Shopify purchased domain, you can go into your Admin > Online store > Domains > Manage (next to the domain) > DNS settings and click "Reset DNS settings".

If you're using a third party domain provider, I recommend reaching out to the them with the instructions in this guide. Once your DNS settings are pointed correctly, your SSL certificate should activate on its own, as it's something we provide on our end. It can take up to 24 hours to propagate. If after you've made the necessary changes and have waited 24 hours you're still seeing that your website isn't secure, please let me know with a screenshot of your DNS settings, I'd be happy to take another look for you. 

Hope this helps! If there's anything I can clarify, please let me know.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes