Weight Based Shipping Rates Not Working

Highlighted
5 0 0

So I can't get my weight based shipping rates to work in Shopify. I set up the shipping category, assign weight ranges and give them prices, then I assign weights to items, and if I put two items in my chart to reach the higher weight based shipping price, Shopify still only charges the lower amount which if for one item or in this case the lower weight rate. Can someone please tell me what's wrong here or point me in the right direction for help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 48 98

Hey, @CraigF 

It would be hard to isolate the exact cause without screenshots of your current Shipping settings or your .myshopify.com URL. If you like, we can take this to email so I can take a look into your admin myself.

With that said, before we go that route I'd recommend checking that the Shipping Profile/Shipping Zone in which you made these weight-based shipping rates has the country/region included in there that you have used as a test checkout.

For example, if you created these weight-based rates in a shipping zone that covers Canada and Mexico but when you place the test order you are entering a U.S address. The rates from that shipping zone (Canada + Mexico) do not apply to test that order since the U.S isn't apart of that shipping zone. I hope this makes sense. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
299 34 67

Hi @CraigF 

It's hard to say what could be the cause without more information. 

• Are you 100% sure that the combined weight of the two items is high enough to be above the threshold for the 2nd tier shipping price?
  • Are the weight based rates you set up under the correct shipping profile for the products you're adding to the cart?
  • Are the rates you set up assigned to the shipping zone for the address you're entering at checkout?

If you'd be willing & able to share some screen shots of your shipping settings it might help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

The test was within the correct shipping area. I have no screen shots since I undid the changes as they fail to work every time. My store is https://store.oneofsevenproject.com/

Email would be best.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Okay, I found a mistake on my end. When you pick the weights on the shipping page it defaults to lbs. but when you're on the product page the weight default is oz. I should have caught this but having them be the same would make a whole lot of sense.

With this hiccup fixed I got it work but the issue I have now is only a small few items are in the General Shipping profile. Any product not in there isn't working of course.  How do I add them to this group?

Lastly, is there a simple way to apply weights to all my products or do I really have to go through 3000+ variants and change the weight on each one?

0 Likes