Weight Shipping Not Working

Excursionist
25 0 6

Shipping

My conifg:

1. Selected all world countries (with all provinces, states) to ship to

2.  Weight based  rate: I created only 1 -> For Shipping 0 kg – 0.05 kg  charge $12.99  . Each of my products has the same weight: 0.05 kg (50 grams)

3. Each of my products have the same weight of 0.05 kg assigned and the field WEIGHT assigned to each 

4. Each of my products have the field REQUIRES SHIPPING checked in

5. Having 2 products added to hopping cart, meannig the caluclated shipping wegith should  be 2 x $12.99. However estimated shipping calculation (for any cselected country) returns error : "We do not ship to this destination." . The same error returns no matter the # of products in the cart.

Is this a bug ? Please advise ASAP

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 32

Hey, George. 

Leon here from Shopify Support. 

This is a common issue when setting up weight-based rates, but the solution is very simple. It sounds like you've set up the weight-based rates and product weights correctly, however, there's another setting in the shipping settings for Packages. The default package settings for all stores have a sample box that is 30 × 20 × 15 cm and weighs 0.188 kg. 

To remove this weight and ensure your rates are correct, in your Shopify admin go to Settings > Shipping > and scroll down to Packages then click Edit. When this opens, you can enter a weight of 0.00kg for your packaging, click save, and retry a test checkout to ensure this has solved the problem assigning shipping rates for your products. 

I hope this helps! If you're still experiencing issues, please post your store URL below and I will double check the settings for you.

All the best, 

Leon 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 0 6

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I finally realized that that the Weight based rates apply to TOTAL ORDER WEIGHT and NOT to weight per item.

0 Likes
5 0 0

Dear All,

I ask for your help in solving this issue:

I want to push some products of my store so I want to sell them for free if the customer pays the shipping fee.

The prices of this products are zero and I have fixed the shipping сост on weight-based rates.

For all other products the delivery fees are based on price rates.

Everything works well but when a customer orders more than one product with a zero sale price in one order, the delivery price is calculated as one.
The delivery fee should be multiplied by the number of products ordered

Please give an advice what is necessary to be done for solving this problem!

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 32

Hello, IDS. 

When setting up rates for Free + Shipping, you'll need to set up shipping with incremental weights, where each additional product brings the total cost of shipping into a new rate plan. For example, you will have a rate for a single item by weight (0.0-1kg) at a rate of $5, and another rate below that for 2 items (1.1-2 kg) at a rate of $10.00, then 3 items (2.01-3 kg) and so on, for each number of products you’d like to set up.

There is a really fantastic post in the Oberlo Blog that goes over how to set up Free + Shipping when also selling paid items in detail:

Give that a read through and let me know if you have any issues getting it set up in your store.

Leon 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hi Leon,

I have fixed a few shipping taxes according to the instructions published on Oberlo blog as you can see in the picture below, but when I create an order the shipping fee is forming only on price-base.

What is necessary to be done in addition to having shipping fee based on the weight of the product?

Now it seems that Check out based on weight does not work at all.

Leon Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
5 0 0

Leon,

Please do not put any attention on the previous post, now everything is fine, but please give me one last advice:

When I choose more than one  promotional product on a blank of Shipping method two payment methods are displayed:

Standart shipping - based on the price of the product;

Promotion shipping - based on the weight of the product.

Customers have to choose Promotion shipping manually and if the miss this option they can push the order with incorrect shipping fee.

Leon, is it possible for this product - which shipping fee is based on the weight to avoid visualization Standart shipping method?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 32

Hi, IDS.

It looks like you're offering multiple shipping types for that order. You'll need to verify your shipping settings to ensure that there are only weight-based or price-based rates setup. If you have both types of rates set up then both will be displayed at checkout. 

In the screenshot you provided, it looks like the "Standard Shipping" rate has been set up as a price-based rate which is why it's showing up with the "Promotional Rate". You'll need to have all your rates set up as weight-based rates, unless you plan on offering free shipping for orders over a specified amount. 

Cheers,

Leon 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Shopify should change this automatic setting on the packages.  I've spent hours trying to solve this issue on my store and was lucky to stumble across this article.  Why would I look at Packaging when I'm not setting up shipping for packages this is annoying and has frustrated me today . Not good enough Shopify

0 Likes