Weight based shipping rates

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Good morning, I hope someone can help me with asap!  I have weight-based shipping using USPS priority mail for package 0-25lbs flat rate of 6.95.  I had recently had two orders process with one charging a shipping rate of 13.60 and another order where the customer was charged 14.60.  I ship from my home office within the US only at this time.  I did a test order and the shipping rate was 13.60 and not the flat rate of 6.95.  Please help!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
322 20 48

Hi, @goldlabel68

Thank you for reaching out in the community about this. Are your shipping rates currently set up in the "weight based rates" section, or the "carrier calculated rates" section in your shipping settings? For help checking that, you can take a look at our shipping rates setup guide here. 

If you have negotiated a flat rate wth USPS for that weight range, I would suggest using the built in "weight based rates" section in your shipping settings to make sure your customers are offered that flat rate every time. If you have USPS connected under the "carrier calculated shipping" section instead, then the rate will be calculated based on your shipping origin, the customer's location, and the weight of the product, so the rate will be subject to change for every order. Alternatively, you can connect your own USPS account in that section to sync your account's negotiated rates. 

If you've connected to your own USPS account (instead of using Shopify Shipping), or do have this set up under the "weight based rates" section already, please send me a screenshot of your shipping settings along with your .myshopify.com URL, and I'd be happy to look into that for you. 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
I was able to get Shopify support and was able to correct the problem. Apparently, USPS calculated rates were being added to my flat shipping rate causing this discrepancy. However, it has been corrected.

Thank you for your help

Tamela Snape
1 Like