What all features should I look for while evaluating a shipping app? I am new to this area, please help

Highlighted
13 0 0

Since there are a few shipping apps that offer the same basic features (postage and label printing,tracking orders,return labels),that help you manage the process it becomes more difficult to get one that is apt in every aspect. kindly provide feedback on this it would be a real aid to me.

thanks ! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 78

Hey there!

Savannah here from Shopify. :) 

That's a great question. There are certainly a ton of options to choose from. When it comes to label printing, tracking and return label printing, I'd recommend these trusty apps: 

Let me know if you have any questions about those options, or any other apps. I'm happy to help!

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
424 5 28

Hello @saira,

Which carrier service you are using? If you are using FedEx, you can try the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app. The app helps you show live FedEx rates at checkout, print FedEx labels in bulk for all your orders, print return labels for the orders and also handle FedEx tracking.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

Choosing an app can be difficult. Let me jot down a few points that can help you take the decision.

- The basic functionalities should be fulfilled - Show real time rates, generate labels, generate manifests, track shipments

- If you are planning to use special services like signature, insurance, based on that you have to select the app. For example, the Multi Carrier Shipping label app does provide these services.

- If you are planning to use FedEx Smarpost or UPS Surepost, based on that you have to select the app.

- Make sure that the app allows you to do packaging based on dimensions as Shopify calculates charges on weight only. Otherwise you have to get another solution for packaging.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes