What date to change shopify payments account details

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 5

Hi, I am wanting to change my bank account that payments from shopify go in (stripe). I would like to change it so that any payments from new sales from april 1st goes into the new bank account. When I look at changing the details It says "Pending payouts will be deposited to your current bank account. All future payouts will be deposited to your new account." Does this mean the pending balance, as all the payout statuses in there are pending? or does this mean once it has a payout date? or is it money in transit?

I hope you get what I am trying to say, thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there, Claire!

Don here from Shopify!

Hopefully, I can shed a little bit of light on your query. :)

Any payouts that already have a date and are visible in your admin under the settings > payments > view payouts option in your admin are 'pending' and will be sent to the bank account on file at the time of their creation.

Once you change your details, any payouts created since that date will be assigned to the new account.

Any orders made after this change should be assigned to new payouts with new dates which will go to the new account you have added.

If you haven't already changed your details, just check quickly in your 'view payouts' menu and on your most recent orders to see what the most recent payout date you currently have is.

Then, once you have successfully changed the bank account info any new payouts (with new dates) will then be sent to this account.

I can see how it can be confusing alright, hope this cleared it up a bit and if not feel free to reply to me here with more questions or get in touch with us live over at our support site so we can look into the particulars of your account. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 5

Thanks a lot Don :)

0 Likes