What do I put for "height" when using Poly Mailers in the Settings -> Shipping -> Packages -> Soft Packages?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

To reference:  Shopify Admin -> Settings -> Shipping -> Packages -> Soft Packages

So, the poly mailers themselves are 6 millimeters thick (high), but it's asking me for the LxWxH dimensions.  I sell women's clothing, and I'm guessing it's asking me, in general, what the thinkness of my packages will be?  It says, "Packages thicker than 0.75 inches don't qualify for USPS First Class Mail rates." 

Is the question "how thick is your unpacked poly bag?"  Or is it, "how thick will all your packages be, when filled up with products?"  

I'm guessing it's the latter?  Just makes it difficult because, it depends what I put in it.  Some blouses are way less than 0.75, some jackets are thicker.

Help!??

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you ever come up with a solution for this? Also struggling with this issue now.

thanks so much!

mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Im also having the same dilemma! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Were you able to figure this out? I wish they had an option for a poly mailer. When I dropped my package off at the post office they said if I bought the label at the post office it just goes by weight with the poly mailer. If that's the case I don't know why shopify makes us put dimensions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi there! I didn’t receive a super clear answer on this...what I did was put in various types of sizes of polymailers as a shipping option just at zero weight..if that makes sense! I weigh all my items at exact weight
0 Likes