What does "If you select this option" on the customer email notifications page mean?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 1 0

Couldn't find this info in the support documentation so hoping someone can help out with what I'm guessing is a really simple answer.

Under settings > Notifications there are a bunch of automated email notification templates I can customize. 

Wondering what "If you select this option" means.

Screenshot 

When I click into the template to edit it there's no option to select or not select.

Where does this selecting or not selecting of this option occur?

Also, is there an option to enable or disable any of them?

I'm guessing this is all pretty straightforward, but I'm new to Shopify 🙃

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
108 28 27

Hi @quinnsouther,

Dani here from Shopify! First of all, welcome to Shopify!

The notifications that have the "if you select this option" are optional to send to customers. For example, when you mark an order as fulfilled, you have the option to send a shipping confirmation email. By default, this option is selected but you can deselect the checkbox to stop the shipping confirmation from being sent to the customer.

The same can be said for the other notifications with this notice. In all cases, you have the option to not send the email to the customer.

How have you found the onboarding to our platform so far? I'd love to hear more about your experience. There's definitely a bit of a learning curve with the admin, so I'd suggest reviewing our free Getting Started course to ensure you're familiar with all the features.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 1 0

Hey @Dani

Thanks for the response. So just to confirm, those checkbox options are available within each individual order? Like, is that what your screenshot is of?

I haven't made any sales yet so I don't know what the order screens in the admin look like.

As for onboarding, it's been pretty straightforward so far. There's a bit of a learning curve but overall it's been fairly easy to get things figured out :) 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
108 28 27

Hey @quinnsouther,

Yes for all of the optional notifications you'll see a toggle whether to send information to the customer. In the example screenshot I attached earlier, this is the shipping confirmation screen for an individual order. When you mark the order as fulfilled you'll see the screen in the screenshot. 

I'm happy to hear the onboarding process has been fairly straightforward so far! Feel free to ask away in a reply if you have any more questions!

Dani 

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 1 0

Great, thanks so much for you help @Dani  :)

0 Likes