What is the easiest way to ship international?

Highlighted
3 0 2
Over the last couple days we have has an immense request to ship international with our charitable goods, Restore The Shore, Our domain is shop.ergoclothing.com Thanks for your help!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 3
We haven't done much shipping internationally, but what we have shipped we shipped USPS First Class Mail International using ShipStation and it has worked well. Best of luck on your fundraising!
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
42 0 7
USPS Flat rate international shipping options are the easiest.
www.hydrographicsinc.com www.shophgi.com www.facebook.com/hydrographicsinc
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 5
I'm from Canada and nothing compares with USPS for Canadian customers that ordered in the US. All others are a pain, especialy UPS and FEDEX.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Do you want to ship yourself or want a service that will do the shipping or you? I've been using Earth Class Mail (originally learned of it in the book The 4 Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss) for a few years. Just started using their International Shipping under "Virtual Warehouse" offering. http://www.earthclassmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
24 0 1
FEDEX , IT MAY BE A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE COMPARED TO USPS BUT ATLEAST IF THE PACKAGE GETS LOST OR STOLEN WITH FEDEX YOU HAVE A BIGGER CHANCE OF GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK ,
0 Likes
Highlighted
33 0 0
If I shop internationally using USPS they always charge an additional 15$ does anyone else have this issue? I feel like that is outrageous for the buyer to pay..
0 Likes
Highlighted
28 0 0
Jennifer Culic: What are you on about? I've never heard of that! Canada Post maybe, but not USPS. -- USPS is by far the easiest if you are doing it yourself. There are some other things to consider as well, like is cheap shipping something your demographic will be expecting or are they ok with extra for shipping? I set up distribution for an independent film company in Nova Scotia, that's where we are from and we explored many many options. It was a rather daunting task, but we pulled through it. We started with Canada Post and a note to the wise (anyone), avoid Canada Post for point of Origin, with all your life. But what we landed on as being the absolute best, was ShipWire (www.shipwire.com). We paid a very small monthly fee and stored our goods in their warehouse(s). We started with one warehouse and I believe we are now in 3 or 4 warehouses... for the same small monthly fee. We paid something like $25/month to be in one warehouse in the US and now we pay something like $25/month to be in warehouses in Canada, USA and Europe. Nope $25/month/warehouse, just $25/month for all 3 or 4 warehouses together. ShipWire has this fantastic benefit that I haven't seen elsewhere (doesn't mean it's not out there though), where it connects to your store so when a customer enters their shipping location for a shipping quote, it instantly determines which is the best warehouse to ship to them from and quote based on prices from that location. Here some other stuff to sweeten the deal! You can have some products in some warehouses and not others. If you are based in the US and already have fulfilment set up at your own warehouse, you can use the ShipWire Ship Anywhere Beta Program, which effectively makes your already existing warehouse one of the shipping out locations within your personal warehouse network. So, you could use two of their locations internationally and continue to use your own within the USA. They can also act as a shipping calculator, displaying prices in USPS, FEDEX, Royal Mail, UPS, Canada Post etc... so your customers can pick what they want, and you don't have to predetermine what you think is best for them. The next is beneficial whether you use PayPal or not!!! To make it even easier on you... ShipWire can be approved for payments through PayPal's pre-approved payments function. Example explains it (I hope)... Someone adds items to their cart, ShipWire produces the shipping quotes, they choose what they want and complete the checkout process. The order is then sent to ShipWire for shipment. ShipWire sends an invoice to your PayPal account, and as ShipWire is pre-approved for payments, PayPal pays ShipWire what they requested and your product is shipped out immediately without any delay. It is then your only job to make sure what your are selling is selling and that your warehouse inventory remains in-stock... I believe it can track inventory to your website too. Now, if you don't use PayPal, don't fret. PayPal can connect automatically to your bank account so that you do not need a PayPal balance in order to remit funds to someone. You just use them as a free go between to transfer funds. What do you think? It works pretty well for my clients!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

A combination of both USPS as well as another carrier would be the ideal choice for shipping international. If you have certain high value items to be shipped, better you go with FedEx or UPS as their insurance feature will help you in case the item in lost, broken, etc.

The not so high value items can go with USPS as they are cheaper to send. An intelligent use of both carriers is a must and good way to manage international shipping.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes