What is the point of Reserve Items on a Draft order?

Highlighted
Excursionist
27 1 5

This would be handy, seems silly to reserve the item and not have it be removed off the inventory, since it says it will be "automatically restocked" at the particular time and date! Anyone know a Shopify expert partner they can tag?

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I would like an update on this as well.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Yes, Shopify. For REAL. This is completely obtuse and absurd. I ran into oversell issues of my own today for this very reason. What on EARTH is the point of having a "Reserve Items" feature on draft invoicing when it doesn't actually deduct the stock from inventory? Like a couple others had mentioned in this thread previously, the shop will instead pretend like the item is in stock on the product page, but then display a "SOLD OUT" error during checkout.

Earlier today, I had 4 or 5 customers get in touch with me about this problem and I ended up manually invoicing them for the technically "out-of-stock" items, which the store let me sell because quantity was still showing from what turned out to be "reserved" inventory. Now, I'm oversold on two products and it's very frustrating to have to contact customers and tell them that I don't have what they wanted after they have already paid. Again, what the heck is the point of having this feature at all when it doesn't actually deduct from inventory? This is beyond frustrating, guys.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

I need to chime in here as I have the same question, and would love to hear Shopify's handling of this. I very much need the ability to have an item be removed from inventory when 'reserve item' is selected for a draft order.

2 Likes