What should I do?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am a new seller, and I received two order, they both showed that Fraud analysis.

Both of them showed that:

Card Verification Value (CVV) isn't available
Billing address or credit card's address wasn't available

One is:

PAYPAL SELLER PROTECTION
This order is eligible for PayPal Seller Protection.

The other is:

PAYPAL SELLER PROTECTION
This order isn't eligible for PayPal Seller Protection.

My store just support the paypal payment now, so both of them pay with paypal.

I asked for paypal service team and shopify service team for help,

and I failed to get a clearly answer.

I want to know the order safe or not?

Risk or safe?

What should I do? 

Can you help me ?

0423f2841a78e91fc0409f7cf26c0e4.pngf551d063f2e2158a5eb79f09f2a62b6.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
44 4 6

HI there,  

Try going to your paypal account and check if the buyer is verified.  On the orders on paypal, check for verified email and if shipping address is verified.  I hope this helps.   Try to use signature required just in case if you fulfill the orders.   I hope this helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hey, I checked that one order showed: buyer is verified, shipping address is verified but one of them showed that: buyer is not verified(Buyer is not in the US and cannot be certified) shipping address is verified Is the order safe in this situation ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
428 44 49

Hello, @Maxblack.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry.

Since the payments aren’t processed through Shopify Payment or through a credit card, our Fraud analysis is unable to verify the CVV or customer’s address. Nonetheless, the PayPal Seller Protection works in the same way and serves to assess the risk. 

The order that is eligible for the PayPal Seller Protection is safe to fulfill, as the order is eligible for protection. However, the order that is ineligible for protection will need extra caution. PayPal also provides a list of items or transactions that are not covered by Seller Protection

I recommend continuing to work with PayPal and check how you can protect yourself from orders that are ineligible for the Seller Protection. Or, you can try contacting the customer to see if they can confirm their information and provide identification. If not, I will recommend leaning towards being safe and cancel the order that is ineligible for protection.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on fraud analysis, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes