What to do next after fulfilling the order?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey, I have a few questions regarding payment, shipping and fulfillment.

Before I start, I just want to say that It's my third day since I've opened my website and I've made my very first sale. I've fulfilled the order but I want to know what is next. I want to know who's going to deliver the product to the customer and how long it will take, i need assurance of this because I want my customer base to be happy and be updated with the delivery.

Secondly, in regards of shipping there's a section where I can add tracking on the order. I've added one for UPS and I created my tracking code. When I visited the UPS website to test out the tracking code it's coming up as error.

Lastly, in regards of payment. When do I get paid for the sale I made and how much of the sale do i keep as profit. For example I make £13 , how much from that will go to shopify etc. 

P.S; I'm offering free shipping on my products, does shipping cost apply to me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3054 228 499

Hi Bilal, 

Nick here from Shopify! 

Before I start, I just want to say congratulations on launching your store. ?

• So once you click fulfill on the order, the customer will get an email saying the product is on the way to them. This is where your shipping rates/settings come into play. Shopify doesn't get involved in the day to day operations of any business, so when it get's to this part of the process, it is up to you and your team to organize and understand the shipping settings to best suit your business needs.
  • In regards to the UPS tracking number, that does sound strange. We have a helpful guide to explain where exactly to add the tracking number, but if it continues to happen, maybe reach out to UPS about it to make sure the tracking number is correct and all is set up on their end. If it still doesn't seem to be right after that, don't hesitate to let me or anyone else know and we can look into that further for you. 
  • How long it takes for you to get paid for a sale depends solely on which payment gateway. For example, if you use Shopify Payments there are no transaction fees but some other gateways you might use will. The reason behind some gateways having these fees is because transaction fees pay for the cost, maintenance, and upkeep of our integrations with 3rd party payment providers.
  • Last but not least, the answer to your question is yes. If you are offering free shipping, you can either make the products cost a little more or your business would take a hit here. 

Hope this information helps and like I said, we're always here to help

All the best, 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am here to answer the shipping and delivery part of the question. Once you fulfil the order, you can call up the carrier and ask for a pickup at your store. For example, if you ask for a UPS Pickup, the UPS guys would show up tomorrow at your store to take the shipment and send to the destination. However, if you are looking for an automation pickup request once the label is generated, you should try the Multi carrier shipping label app. This will allow you to raise one touch pickup without the need of having to call the carrier.

Regarding the tracking error, i hope this error is gone now. Sometimes with tracking there is a glitch - immediate status are not available due to database sync problems. 

0 Likes