When a customer buys

Highlighted
1 0 0
When a customer buys.. Where do I go from there. And how do I send them the item.. What do I have to do If I don't have a shipping app
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 43 63

Hi @Danjdoy ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for writing in! Are you shipping your products yourself or are you dropshipping using an app like Oberlo?

If you are shipping your products yourself, you may be eligible for Shopify Shipping! This will allow you to purchase labels within your admin at a discounted rate. Once you purchase and print your labels, you would bring your package to your carrier's dropoff location or have your package picked up. Take a look at our help doc on fulfilling orders.

If you are dropshipping with Oberlo or another app, the fulfillment process is a bit different. If you are using Oberlo, you'll want to open up your Oberlo dashboard (Apps > Oberlo). Here, you will see your open orders and use the Oberlo Chrome Extension place the orders on AliExpress. Our help doc has a great webinar on how to place your Oberlo orders!

In either case, you would not need a Shipping app! Depending on your business model, we can decide which shipping rate method is best for you! For example, if you are dropshipping typically price based shipping rates are the best option. And if you are self-fulfilling your orders then calculated rates may be the way to go!

If you are dropshipping, I'd highly recommend taking a look at our Dropshipping 101 Academy course. This course will go through all the ins and outs of building a succesful dropshipping store.

Let me know if you have any further question, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes