When is it possible to pay Shopify bills with Paypal?

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 1

When will it be possible to pay shopify bills with paypal, because i do like everything with paypal and if i can only pay with creditcard, i need to transfer my paypal money to my creditcard. And that is just not convenient.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 68

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Ollerommes.

This is Max from the Shopify Guru Team. 

Currently, we do require merchants to pay their invoices and subscription fees with a valid credit card. This is necessary for the recurring billing system we use and some other factors enabled by credit cards being entered. 

We know that this is not always the best solution for all shops and owners, but we do not have a timeline to share on changing this procedure at the moment.  

Changes like this would be communicated to Account Owners and for any other updates and changes about Shopify, this announcements page is a good place to bookmark. 

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 5

Thanks for linking to the announcements page, Max. Still learning about Shopify, so that;s a good one to know.

To the original poster, I could note that you can also ask Paypal for a debit card for any business account.    Most of the shops I help with have one that gives 1% cash back, too, so that’s a bonus.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 68

Hi, Oculus. 

Max, again! 

If you've found the announcements page useful, I'd also suggest a few other spots to gather info as well:

Let us know if you have any more questions here, in forums, or by using our other support channels!

Best of luck with your shop!

Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Is it possible to pay my monthly plans through paypal I only have debit and an unable to get a credit card, I’ve called shopify and they recommended I ask PayPal to allow worldwide currency and recurring payment options through PayPal ? Is this possible
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @Jadewalkrr,

Ted here from Shopify helping here today. 

It's now possible to pay your monthly Shopify invoices using Paypal. While a credit card is still needed, a good workaround would be to add money to your Paypal Wallet instead. A great breakdown of how Shopify charges can be found here if you would like to take a look.

Have you an account/store with Shopify at the moment? How are you finding Shopify so far? 

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify

0 Likes