When will Shopify have CTT (Portugal) as a courier option?

Highlighted

Shopify promotes their services in Portugal to Portuguese sellers but then forgets to have the main portuguese courier called CTT, every time i have to fulfill using CTT I have to copy the tracking URL and select "other". Cause its not there.

When will CTT arrive at Shopify list?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 34 73

Hi, @Andre_Borges!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. While I cannot confirm when we might be able to add CTT to the carriers list, I have submitted feedback on your behalf to the appropriate teams here so that they can consider adding this carrier. I understand that it would save you time if you didn't have to manually add the tracking link, so I appreciate you sharing this feedback.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
I'll have to agree and make the same request.

It's hard to always use "Other" as a shipping provider, and occasionally shopify recognizes CTT shipment tracking as LaPoste (French Courier), having customers complain about the shipment status. It does not bring any trust for those who are buying.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

There are apps available that can integrate the CTT courier service with Shopify. Apps like Multi-Carrier Shipping Label can be of your help.

If you have the CTT account credentials and API keys, the integration with CTT can be easily done in the app. 

Once you have integrated the app with your store, there is no need for you to add the tracking details manually. Once you generate the label using the app, the tracking number os automatically generated and sent to the Shopify order details, which will be sent to the customers via email.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Thank you for the suggestion, but paid apps are not an option. Also wouldn't meet the simple need of placing a tracking code only for the final consumer to track at. Those apps are meant for large shipping quantities. People who have a smaller shop have difficulties with this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 34 73

@helmutc wrote:
I'll have to agree and make the same request.

It's hard to always use "Other" as a shipping provider, and occasionally shopify recognizes CTT shipment tracking as LaPoste (French Courier), having customers complain about the shipment status. It does not bring any trust for those who are buying.

Thank you for your feedback, @helmutc

Have you been able to manually add tracking numbers to your orders? I'm interested to hear more about the customer complaints you've received, as this is valuable feedback I can pass along to the teams that handle shipping and order management.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Thank you for the feedback @Sophia

Although most orders are able to have the correct shipping tracking link, some don't recognize the url and associate automatically the current tracking number to the la poste carrier.

This happens in 10% of the cases and sometimes we have to double or triple check if everything is working.

It's not very productive when there are too many orders to fulfill and add tracking codes.

I think Shopify should associate CTT as a carrier for at least to some clients be able to track their shipment, without placing always the link and tracking code, which BTW is not always accurate.

Thanks
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 34 73

@helmutc wrote:
Thank you for the feedback @Sophia

Although most orders are able to have the correct shipping tracking link, some don't recognize the url and associate automatically the current tracking number to the la poste carrier.

This happens in 10% of the cases and sometimes we have to double or triple check if everything is working.

It's not very productive when there are too many orders to fulfill and add tracking codes.

I think Shopify should associate CTT as a carrier for at least to some clients be able to track their shipment, without placing always the link and tracking code, which BTW is not always accurate.

Thanks

I appreciate you sharing those details, @helmutc. Can you tell me a bit more about the tracking codes not always being accurate? When you manually enter a tracking number on an order and select 'Other' as the carrier, this should add a link to the carrier's tracking page that your customer can access from their Order status page. You can also email order status updates to your customers, including a link for tracking. Is the carrier's tracking link not appearing for customers on the Order status page?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello andré. I am also based in Portugal and use CTT and UPS as carriers. I ship 100% of my orders outside of Portugal. I also have to enter the URL of CTT with every order but this is not the most important thing. I have 18% of non quality with CTT (too long delays and loss of packages) and UPS is too expensive for my business model. Can we exchange on the topic of carriers?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi again @Sophia and thanks for the reply.

We always follow the guidelines to place the CTT carrier, choosing always as "Other" and placing the link.

To make an example, we place the link such as:
https://www.ctt.pt/feapl_2/app/open/objectSearch/objectSearch.jspx?objects=RF447231405PT
Being the tracking code: RF447231405PT

The problem is that sometimes Shopify does not accept the link, and automatically associates as a LaPoste tracking link, even if we place the link as it is above.

When checking the order in Shopify App or updating our client with an automatic message with the tracking link, it goes to LaPoste sometimes.

Like I said before, if we had the chance to choose CTT from the list and just placing the tracking code, it would be a lot easier and maybe avoiding checking it 2 or 3 times to see if the link does not forward to LaPoste.

This also decreases on the other side client trust, which shouldn't be an issue for us to deal with.

CTT uses always this link to track it's shipments, and I don't think it would be a problem to add it in the list to choose from. Or, thinking more globally for the ones that already seek the same solution for their problem, an option to add a custom carrier tracking link (without the tracking code) and set it as a default link for shipment, so that processing orders manually (or even automatic) can be a bit easier, leaving more free time for us to do another important tasks for our shop.

Thank you.
0 Likes