When will Shopify incorporate the new 'PayPal Smart Payment Buttons' into PayPal Express?

Highlighted
Excursionist
28 0 3

I would like to make use of the new 'PayPal Smart Payment Buttons' on my Shopify store checkout that currently uses PayPal Express.

More on these Smart Payment Buttons can be found here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/

They are excellent for customers who perhaps don't have a PayPal account and want to pay using a Visa, Mastercard or Amex card, as they avoid any confusion that many customers get when they are trying to find the PayPal 'guest checkout' section instead of the PayPal account 'log-in section' which is something that occurs when they click on the current single yellow PayPal button.

Are these 'PayPal Smart Payment Buttons' due to be incorporated into the Shopify checkout experience any time soon for those of us merchants who use PayPal Express as their standalone payment gateway?

Thank you

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

I have the same problem, I am eager to get help, have you solved it? Can you help me? My email address is huiboqian@gmail.com

@TeeKay wrote:

I would like to make use of the new 'PayPal Smart Payment Buttons' on my Shopify store checkout that currently uses PayPal Express.

More on these Smart Payment Buttons can be found here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/

They are excellent for customers who perhaps don't have a PayPal account and want to pay using a Visa, Mastercard or Amex card, as they avoid any confusion that many customers get when they are trying to find the PayPal 'guest checkout' section instead of the PayPal account 'log-in section' which is something that occurs when they click on the current single yellow PayPal button.

Are these 'PayPal Smart Payment Buttons' due to be incorporated into the Shopify checkout experience any time soon for those of us merchants who use PayPal Express as their standalone payment gateway?

Thank you

0 Likes
Excursionist
28 0 3

Hello,

I spoke to various people regarding the matter, both at Shopify and at PayPal.

Shopify said PayPal do not yet offer the 'PayPal Smart Payment Buttons' option to Shopify, meaning Shopify say it's a limitation at PayPal's side.

PayPal just said thanks for the suggestion, and we will put it to consideration.

End of story, so essentially I would forget about it for now and maybe one day we wake up and they've both decided to add this as an option.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

We hope that we can develop
'PayPal Smart Payment Buttons' into a plugin for shopify, I am confused.

We got paypal support, but we can't operate shopify payment api

0 Likes
Excursionist
28 0 3
If you were to try implement it yourself then you would need to have the PayPal Smart Payment buttons appear at Cart stage of a Shopify store and then once the buttons are clicked by the customer they are taken off to the PayPal page (same flow as the current PayPal Express) and enter the appropriate details, and then they come back to the Shopify checkout to select their Shipping method and complete their order.

If you mange to achieve that then please do let me know on this thread, as it would be very interesting to see.
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
Thank you very much, I am trying to finish it, I will tell you if there is
good news.
1 Like