Where can I find a stripe in payment options?

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello.
I'm trying to install a stripe payment option in my shopify store, not a shopify payment option. I already have a stripe verified account. But no matter how much I look for options, I can't find a Stripe option.

For  information, the country is Japan.

change provider.jpg

Even if i change providers, there is no stripe option anywhere.
Do I have to certify shopify payment first, so I can change it to stripe option?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hey!

Ava here from Shopify :)

As our own payment gateway (Shopify Payments) is powered by Stripe, Stripe would not be available in a region where Shopify Payments is also available. It would usually work out that either Shopify Payments or Stripe are available, but not both in the same region I'm afraid. This is because Shopify Payments is our main gateway featured in those regions, so it would be the best option for merchants there. So while you would not be able to use Stripe as a gateway if you are based in Japan, you can use Shopify Payments instead! 

Shopify Payments comes with :

• No transaction fees
  • Competitive processing rates
  • In-house support, with our 24/7 support team
  • Financial reports, and detailed payout information
  • Automated order reconciliation
  • Automated chargeback handling
  • High transaction approval rates

Would Shopify Payments be an option for you and your business as an alternative to Stripe? Let me know what you think!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi! 

I have the same issue... Was already verified with Stripe, and then wanted to switch to Shopify Payments. It automatically cancelled my stripe payment option, but I also can't use the Shopify payments since apparently I need to have a SSL - which I don't have, since I'm not an American citizen. So now I'm left without the ability to receive payments :( What do I do? I was already approved by Stripe before - how can we fix this??? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, @Sivannie!

At the moment, you can either use Stripe or Shopify Payments. When one gateway is available as an option, then the other gateway will not show. So for example, if you are in a country where Shopify Payments is available, Stripe will not be an option. Is it possible you changed your country settings? If Stripe was first available to you, you may have set a different country as your address. If you change the country to one where SP is available, then Shopify Payments would have shown as an option and Stripe would have been removed. Can I ask what country you are physically living in? As this is the country you should have as your default address in the admin.

Let me know!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Good morning!

I have set up Shopify Payments successfully, but then I learned that this service is not available in every country. I am residing in The Netherlands and would like to sell my products in Belgium as well, where Shopify Payments is not available (yet?). As far as I am able to find a suitable answer, I can not find a solution to provide a creditcard payment provider for Visa and Mastercard to Belgium now. What am I to do?

Looking forward to your reply!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, @Davitamon!

If you are based in The Netherlands, these are the gateway options available at the moment. Shopify Payments is available in The Netherlands, so you should be able to use it from where you are! The address that you list as the default in your Settings > General section of the admin will dictate what gateways are shown to you in Settings > Payment Providers. You would need to set your address to the country you are physically living in and have an active bank account. Even if you are based in one country but are selling to another/several others else in the world, you would need to use one of the available payment gateways based on your country of residence. 

You can use Shopify Payments for your store, and even if a customer is living in a country that does not have Shopify Payments available, they can still buy from your store. Adding Shopify Payments as a payment gateway for a country can sometimes take a lot of time. This is because we must work alongside the government and financial institutions of a country to come to an agreement regarding commerce and trade in that specific country.  We do hope to expand the list of available countries soon! Shopify Payments works by accepting payments from customers at the checkout and depositing the payments (via payouts) into your bank account. In order to use it, it only has to be available in your country. The customer would not know they are using Shopify Payments, they would simply enter their details into the checkout! 

Let me know if there is anything you would like me to clarify for you, happy to keep chatting!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Hello!

I have Shopify Payments enabled, but I would like to tie it up with my existing Stripe account (which is already verified). Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello,

I am in France where Shopify Payment is not available. Therefore I have a Stripe account. But I don't see any Credit Card payment option when I order in test mode. Only Paypal is shown. Is this expected? Or did I miss something?

Thank you for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi @kirilsscerba!

I'm afraid it is not possible to merge these two accounts, as they are totally separate. While Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe, they would have separate accounts and cannot be merged. Were you having trouble setting up your Shopify Payments account? Or running into any other issues?

Let me know! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, @Gilles38!

Can I ask how you have set up your Stripe account? Have you completed the account setup, or are there any error banners you are seeing under Settings > Payment Providers? The option to pay via credit card may not be showing if your Stripe account is not fully set up. Are you seeing any errors or warning messages when you log into your Stripe account? This may add some more context!

If you are not seeing anything out of the ordinary in your admin, could you post a link to your store here so I can test this out? Thanks!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

0 Likes