Where can I find my active recurring subscriptions to Shopify Apps?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I've installed and uninstalled dozens of apps. Some of these have prompted me to a free trail with a recurring monthly membership afterwards. I've uninstalled the apps during the free trial but would like to make sure I'm not going to get charged for them. Where can I check to see the upcoming charges?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 0 2

Hey, Sebastián, Zachary here, a Shopify Guru!

At this time you can't see what your upcoming charges will be until an invoice is indeed generated. That being said though, as long as you remove an app before the free trial ends, you will NOT be charged for it. As well, if for some reason you are, you can reach out to our support channels to get in touch with a Guru like myself. We will then reach out to the app developer on your behalf and request a refund authorization. If they agree (and 99 times out of 100 they do) they touch base with Shopify's Financial Services and a refund is then issued back to you for said app charges. We do a lot in support to advocate for our merchants which is why we reach out to the app developers for you. :)

I think the best course of action here is that when you do install an app that has a free trial attached to it that you set a calendar reminder to alert you a day before the trial ends to make sure the app is removed so no charges are incurred. I have seen a lot of merchants do this with their stores and it has saved them a lot of time and effort having to dispute charges that pop up on them since they removed an app a day too late.

Happy Selling!

-Zachary

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Where it can be checked though?

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

+1 on this. Shopify needs to give users a clear view of app subscription status and confirmation that recurring charges have been removed. You send an email to tell us a recurring charge for a third-party app has been approved; why can't you give us a clear notification that the recurring charge has been cancelled?

0 Likes