Where do I find the exact payment gateway names for integrating with an ERP?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 5

We successfully connected our cloud ERP system "weclapp" to Shopify by means of their own integration. However, we must manually define the Shopify payment methods we use, and then map them to payment types in weclapp. But for orders in weclapp to properly show the payment status, we need the exact payment gateway name used by Shopify and saved in the Shopify order object. Where do I find these names?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi markdc,

I have exactly the same issue as I am also working with Shopify and weclapp as ERP. Do you have a solution for this in the meantime?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Bene from dedics

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 5

Hey Bene,

Please note that we are using Shopify Payments. Here are the machine names of the different payment methods. This would be set up in Weclapp under Settings > Integration > Shops > Shopify > Order types. There you will find the table "Mapping shop payment method".

Shop payment methodPayment method
amazonOnline Zahlungsservice
apple_payOnline Zahlungsservice
samsung_payOnline Zahlungsservice
credit_cardKreditkarte
klarnaKlarna
google_payOnline Zahlungsservice
paypalPayPal
shopify_paymentsOnline Zahlungsservice
cardKreditkarte
android_payOnline Zahlungsservice

There may be some mistakes on this table. If I recall, our team added some as guesses (which might be why there are 2 credit card mappings). But this is working for us.

The only issue we have is with Bank Deposit (Vorkasse). There are 2 values for the payment title in the API for Shopify's manual payment method. Weclapp only checks the 1st line, but the correct title is on the 2nd line. We have reported this issue to Weclapp and await a fix.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey Mark,

thanks a lot for your quick response! I had already the setup for "shopify_paymemts", "paypal" and "Vorkasse" (the second two go well). But is it possible that "shopify_payment" is always read in the API when Shopify Payment is used? For example, when paying by credit card, "Online Zahlungsservice" is issued instead of "Kreditkarte".

Since we work with the same setup, perhaps a direct exchange on these and other topics would be helpful for both of us? You can also connect directly with me via info@dedics.de

Best regards
Bene

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

A guy from weclapp told me that the right name for "Vorkasse" is "Bank Deposit". But I didn't receive a "Vorkasse" payment since then, so I couldn't test it yet.

Best,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Klemens,

I have the Setup in Shopify for "manual payment method" as "Vorkasse". As "Shop Zahlungsart" in weclapp I mapped this to "Vorkasse" which works.

Are you able to match the detailed payment method for shopify payments? For example visa, klarna, apple_pay or gift_card? To route most of the payments to "Shopify Payments" or "Online Zahlungsservice" in weclapp is more or less no problem for me. But especially Gift Card as payment method should be mapped separately. Does this work in your setup?

BR

Bene

image.png

0 Likes