Where do I put my processing times, that is the time from when they order until I ship it?

Maryanne
Excursionist
41 0 8

I know this is simple, could someone quickly direct me to where I add my processing times, that is the time from order to shipment.  I need to temporarily lengthen that time.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @Maryanne

Rae from Shopify here. I understand the importance of ensuring your customers are aware of lengthened processing times, so I'm glad you reached out about this. 

A quick place to add these details is directly into the names of your shipping rates. To edit your shipping rates to add this information, just login to your Shopify admin and follow these steps: 

1. Click on 'Settings > Shipping and delivery'
  2. Under 'Shipping > General shipping rates'  select 'Manage rates' 
  3. Scroll down the page to where your rates are listed 
  4. Click the three dots beside one of your rates and select 'Edit rate' 
  5. Under 'Rate name'  go ahead and add in the additional details to include your processing times 
  6. Click 'Done'  to save these changes

For example, you may edit your rate to be named something similar to this:  

20-08-2y6bb-bmoyt.png

I also recommend creating a shipping policy for your site. This is a great place to outline the processing times, shipping times, and carriers that your store uses. Before creating this policy, I suggest reading over this blog post on 7 common shipping questions that customers may have. That way, you can make sure to address each of those questions directly in your policy.

Once your shipping policy is created, it's best to add this to the footer menu, or the main menu, on your site so that customers can easily locate it. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Maryanne
Excursionist
41 0 8

Thanks, Rae.  I do have shipping policies in place and in my footer.  Since this is a temporary adjustment I think I will simply use the bulk edit to descriptions instead of your solution but thank you for reaching out.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @Maryanne

Thanks for following up. 

To confirm, are you referring to editing your product descriptions with our bulk editor? If so, it's important to note that product descriptions currently can't be edited with Shopify's bulk editor, and must be edited individually by following these steps instead. However, if you're importing your products with a CSV file, you can update the product descriptions in bulk directly in the CSV file you're using. We have more information on this process here

In the meantime, I'll let our developers know that you're interested in using the bulk editor to edit product descriptions, and ensure your feedback on this is shared with our teams. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reply directly back to me here! 

0 Likes
Maryanne
Excursionist
41 0 8

@Rae   I use the getvela.com bulk editor.  I have been using it for years on my prior website.  It works well for me.  Thanks for replying

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @Maryanne

Thanks for confirming. I'm glad to hear that bulk editor works well for your site, and I appreciate you sharing this information, as it may help other Community members who are also looking for a way to edit product descriptions in bulk. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can lend a hand with! 

0 Likes