Who has access to store admin panel-BEFORE store is live?

3 0 0

My Shopify sellers account was terminated due to having TEST items in the NON-LIVE store. I was informed that "BANKING PARTNERS" can cancel our account even if the store is not live, has never been live, with a prohibited ite,.

My question is: How-AND who-HAS ACCESS TO MY never opened store backend? Can just anyone rummage around in everybody elses store backend? 

I will be leaving SHOPIFY very rapidly is=f this is the case. If my store can be accessed BEFORE it ever even goes live, and financial decisions can be made WITHOUT my consent or knowledge-what business in their right mind would vouluntarily do business in this way?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 4

Hello Bradley! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! I am sorry to hear about the situation of your store being closed down. As you can see in Section B, sub-section 3 of the Shopify Payments Terms of Service, accounts do get reviewed by our own team as well as our payment processors before being lead to sell product on Shopify. I totally get where you're coming from, so I wanted to share this information with you to help clear some things up. As far as reviewing goes with our own team, I do know that it's usually a case by case decision. For your reference, be sure to check out the Shopify Payments TOS here!

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
3 0 0

Actually, i am at the point of taking this to Facebook forums. I was unaware, as I am sure MANY SHOPIFY sellers are, that evidently multiple entities have access to our NON_LIVE password protected backend. Once again, this site was NEVER LIVE-the items were for TESTING ONLY, and were from my Amazon store. No sales were EVER made, no ads done-it was design and testing phase only.

Shopify never contacted me until they had canceld the Shopify payment account. Needless to say, i am pissed, and plan to inorm any and all new potential Shopify store owners of the new competition @ commerceHQ. Thank you for your assistance, but I am floored by the high-handedness of Shopify's banking partners. Fortunately, My company also has Stripe, paypal, and Amazon payments, so it will not affect me, but would have killed a newbie.

0 Likes
2 0 0

hallo Bradley

Could you give us an idea of the items that you was try it in the store?

Thank you

0 Likes
3 0 0

They were beauty products, which I have sold successfully on Amazon for a number of years. These were testbed products only, the store itself never even opened, never took a payment. So Shopify penalized me, without warning, for testing products that were never intended to go live.

At least I found this out BEFORE I had thousdands more in design and app costs, so I can look at that as a positive.

Too reiterate, Shopify payments canceled my account because I was supposedly listing prohibited items by THEIR payment processor. How did the processor get access to MY password protected, never opened store? If it was Shopify, why would they be in the backend of a store that was not even live, and had never been opened? Is it only me, or does something smell fishy here?

0 Likes