Why does Shopify not want to withdraw the amount for the purchase in our store ?

Highlighted
Tourist
22 0 2

We received such an email from support  (ticket ID 16067001):

"We are constantly monitoring businesses we are supporting who are using the Shopify Payments gateway. Your business has been identified as presenting an elevated level of risk for customer disputes that we will be unable to support with Shopify Payments (see the Shopify Payments Terms of Service at Section B.5 at https://www.shopify.com/legal and click on your region). Please note that while you will no longer be permitted to use Shopify Payments as your payment gateway, this does not affect your use of Shopify, which you can continue to use.

We will transfer your existing payouts to the bank account on file after 120 days, on Jun 06, 2020, but will be unable to accept any additional payments on your behalf transacted through the Shopify Payments gateway. Should you prefer, you may refund the orders and reprocess them through an integrated third party payment processor"....

We responded in this way: 

"We are on shopify about 2 years, we trade furniture , we were using strip payments and everything was fine. After your advertisement, we changed to shopify payments. After the first transaction ( armchair ) shopify payment is deactivated, payout put on hold and you write that we are risk for customers. 
We have the right to know what kind of risk, what are we accused of ?I f you think so, we should also know this to protect our customers.
You have no right to unreasonable hold payments, you can ruin  business this way.
 We request payment of our payment.  
Regards"
We completely don't understand the problem ! ! ! We do not break any of the Shopify regulations ! ! ! We only sell furniture and furniture accessories. Shopify did not explain where we made the mistake, where we broke the Shopify regulations. WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW THIS IF SHOPIFY KEEPS OUR MONEY, WHEN WE ARE ACCUSED ! Please explain the problem. We look forward to resolving the problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3392 252 609

Hi @skaven,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I completely see how this can be frustrating, but you are already talking to the correct team via email about this. That team would be the one who knows best about this, more than I would ever know. For security and privacy reasons we are unable to divulge the results of our reviews and investigations, especially publically on a community. 

Your best bet and next step here would be to reply to the email directly asking the questions you have about this. I understand this might not be exactly what you're looking for from here, but it is the best way forward for you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
22 0 2

It just irritates me, that it closes the Shopify payment, blocks cash
without giving reasons. This is not done in a civilized world. It's not
fair. Shopify makes bad reviews with this. Where is Shopify professionalism ? Shopify give only vague answers. Some Shopify investigation, no specific reason ? We feel like Franz Kafka's novel "The Trial".

Support still reply that "we understand our frustration"..."we understand our frustration"..."we understand our frustration" but... nothing happens. We want just make a honest business, we have no time to the to some unreasonable problems. 

Maybe stop relying on algorithms that automatically search for and assess risk ? I dont know :-(

0 Likes