Why is my store not accepting credit card?

Highlighted
15 0 0

I've been building a new online store and am not sure why credit cards aren't being accepted.

To give some context, I currently have a password page up (as the site is not ready for traffic yet), and am currently in 'beta' mode where I've given a few family members the password and asked them to poke around. The other day, someone was able to make a purchase (which I fulfilled). But then today my Mom tried to buy something and was not allowed to use credit card. I've added a link to the image below, but basically it says:

"Credit and debit card payments aren't available right now. Please refresh this page or try a different payment method"

I've poked around and cannot figure out why she would have gotten this message - feels like I'm missing something simple but after poking around for a while it's driving me a bit nuts.  Any help would be very much appreciated!

You can see an image of the screen I'm getting here:  https://imgur.com/a/IqpNl

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 78

Hey, Chris!

Savannah here from Shopify. 

I have seen this issue once before, and it was due to a network-specific security block/firewall. Was your Mom attempting to check out at work by any chance? This is usually the reason for heightened security settings.

We can make sure that's the case by taking a few steps: 

• attempt a checkout on a different network/wi-fi
  • attempt a checkout on a different browser (after making sure they are using the latest version)
  • attempt a checkout on a different device (after making sure the operating system is up-to-date)

Let me know if that doesn't do the trick!

Savannah | Social Care
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

Hey Savannah,

Thanks so much for the reply! I tried a practice check out myself and had no issue, so at least it works there. However, my Mom tried it from home (where there is no firewall or anything), so now I'm concerned that this may randomly pop up with different shoppers. I'll have her try again today and see if she has better luck.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Chris,

I had the same issue and it turned out it the problem was a scriptblocker I use called Noscript. I had to allow shopifycs.com for it to work.

It would probably help if there was a "Have you disabled javascript" type message.

George

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Buy button integration, won't accept credit or debit cards, have checked and rechecked ALL settings. Not working on various computers from various IPs and internet connections. Not a browser issue either. HELP, site is live and no one can order! 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I've found that the transaction has to be more than the Shopify fee.  2.9% +$0.30.   (I had a "testing" promo with 99% off)  Once I made the transaction above this threshold it worked just fine. 

0 Likes