Why no Light Packet option with Canada Post???

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 8

This has been a problem for our shop and will continue to be so until Canada Post allows Light Packet shipping as an option through Shopify.  Why isn't it?  It's ridiculous as it stands - only Expedited options are available at the moment which might be all well and good for Canada Post's profit margins but not exactly ideal in a competitive online marketplace.

Please someone - allow us to print Light Packet shipping labels through Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
15 0 1

Hey James :) Thank you for posting :)

Having a look through to see what other options I could find, Paypal might be the way to go when it comes to printing light packet shipping labels from Canada Post. 

I would also suggest reaching out to Canada Post to see if they have any other suggestions or work-arounds.

I hear you on this one yourself and many other merchants would benefit from the light packet option. As of now Canada Post does not give that option to Shopify.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to contact us at any time. I hope you have a successful and profitable day :)

Nate M
Shopify Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Are you talking about Small Packet Domestic - Air and Small Packet International services from Canada Post? if yes, then this can definitely be achieved in Shopify. You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping label app to create labels with these two services. 

However, Just a few notes regarding these services : 

Small Packet Domestic - Air : 

This can be used for small and lightweight items (less than 1 kg).

Projected arrival date(business days) for these services are 5-8 days.

Small Packet International – Air or Surface

This can use for items up to 2 kg.

Projected arrival date by Air(business days) : 12+ days
Projected arrival date by Surface(business days) : 1-3 month

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes