Why pay $200 monthly for checkout currency?!

Highlighted
Excursionist
43 1 3
Multiple checkout currency: So, I can see now that Shopify solved this problem if you upgrade to Shopify Plus, however the price for Shopify Plus is $2,000.00 which is sky high in my opinion. Isn't there just an app with this feature, that you can buy? I want to be able to charge the customer in their local currency and recieve payment in my currency. Is upgrading to Shopify Plus the only solution for this? Yes? No? Or Shopify, are you planning to have this feature even for those with basic plan in the near future? Please, i’m about to pull my hair off..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi @sandranobreart,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question! I completely understand where you are coming from as this is one of the most requested features from Shopify store owners to our team. In terms of having multiple currencies at the checkout, it is still only possible for Shopify Plus store owners. I looked into some apps for you about this and while there are many currency switcher apps a store would still need to be on Shopify Plus to enable it to display the customer's local currency at the checkout portion of a sale. For example, the Auto Currency Switcher app displays the following in the app description on the app store:

19-06-ymuk2-h5wgu

The more requests which come in for specific product upgrades the better our team knows and is aware of what store owners such as yourself need and want, so feedback like this is invaluable. What I will do is add another feature request to the development team on your behalf, but for now, to avail of this, you must be on the Plus plan. 

Hopefully, this helps and answers your question. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes