Working with multiple print on demand fulfillment companies

Highlighted
2 0 0

Can you do flat rate shipping to cover costs?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey there - picking up on this, I'm working through exactly this at the moment, currently using Printful + Shopify but would like to expand to add products from Printify as well. I've read the thread but still a little unclear on what happens in the fulfilment + shipping - would it still come from both Printful and Printify separately, or is there a neat way of bringing them together in the same package? Thanks so much!

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

@Romina wrote:

Thanks for the speedy response, Martha!

That was helpful and I feel like I'm looking in the right direction now.

At the moment, most of my products will come from Printful, but I would like to have some notebooks from Printify and some home decor type stuff from Gooten or CustomCat.

I clicked all of the links you share in your response, but still have questions. If I use these three services for example, all I need to do is go to the Shipping settings within Shopify and manually input shipping costs there? Do I need to toggle off any settings with Printful or the others or is manually inputting it into the Shipping settings on Shopify enough?

Next, how am I able to find out what Printful and the others currently charge for shipping? I'm trying to figure out if it would be easiest to change the product price to include shipping and then just have free shipping. But I have no way of knowing at the moment how much I need to charge my customers for the products in order to make a profit this way. 

Hopefully I am not overthinking this. If I am, I apologize. This is my first Shopify store. Still on the 14 day trial. (:

Hi Romina,

Did you manage to set shipping rates? If yes, can you share how you did it and if it works well?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I am having the same issue while trying to use a few different POD apps for different products.  From what I understand Shopify shipping can not actually let you set flat rate or rate based on price if your customer happens to order from 2 or 3 apps.  Shipping will double or triple.  It charges based on the amount per app.  I can not figure a way around this, other than charging more for my products and then offering free shipping.  

If anyone has found a way,  Please let me know!!!!

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

were you able to figure this out? Looking to add multiple printers but curious how shipping rates work. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm still having this same exact issue and cannot figure out a way around it. if I change the provider in the product, I am afraid they will not automatically create the orders in the POD backend. I'd like to be able to sell products from two different providers and if I have to eat the shipping cost on the extra product, it's no problem but I cannot factor the shipping cost into the product and offer free shipping because it would be priced too high. Any ideas on how to combine shipping from two POD providers at checkout into one flat price without doubling or tripling my shipping cost at checkout for the customer?

0 Likes