Worst Experience with Stripe Payment Gate. How many people using Stripe?

Excursionist
12 0 13

We moved to Shopify this May 2013 and since then we offered Stripe and Paypal as payment gates for our customers. Luckily we've never had any disputes before moving over to Shopify. However, since transition, we've received 3 disputing charges via Stripe. 

The problem with Stripe is that I can't get a hold of them. We've sent out at least 5 emails in the past 5 days and counting, but I am yet to hear from them. Do you guys have the same issue with Stripe? They only notify us regarding disputing charges, but they don't do anything to answer any of our questions and concerns. They don't have a phone number to be reached either. I have so many questions and I have limited amount of time to dispute charges against our store, but they are literally MIA. 

I don't recommend Stripe at all to any of Shopify users. 

Thanks.

5 Likes
1 0 3

I just had the same experience with Stripe Payment Gateway Service. I just launched my online store about 2 months ago and signed up to use Stripe as my gateway service because that it what Shopify recommended. I received a chargeback from Stripe for a purchase that was over $4,000. However, this payment was approved and verified by both Stripe and Shopify. Stripe has been nothing but negligent with trying to help me out and responding to my emails and questions. They have failed greatly with customer service - they have none. They do not provide a telephone number either. What the hell kind of business is this?? Their security systems allow fraudulent purchases to be verified and then they are cowards when it comes to helping out their customers. Shopify should just eliminate Stripe from their payment gateway service options. 

DO NOT USE STRIPE!!!! THEY WILL KILL YOUR BUSINESS!!!

3 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 13

Hello Angie, 

I am in exactly same situation as you are in. I feel your pain. I can't get a hold of them. Their support@stripe.com is shared by multiple people and they just don't care about their users. They were very quick in answering questions regarding using their service, when we first opened up the shop; however, with disputed charges, they magically disappear. 

I asked at least 5 times to call or provide number to reach them, finally they replied and told me that they are going to give me a call this coming week. How can you trust a company with no phone number and no customer support network for your business eh? 

Shopify's new POS system that they are promoting right now is going to be incorporated with the Stripe. I do not recommend any business owners at Shopify with Stripe. 

I am going to see if they actually call and follow up on it here. 

3 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello, do you know if many people still have problems with Stripes ?

Thank you.

1 Like
Excursionist
12 0 13

Hi,

Don't use Stripe. I never had any issues with using Paypal only. However, since moving to Shopify and using their "recommended transaction service" with Stripe, I have had 3 disputed charges and Stripe does nothing to answer my questions or concerns. They simply ignore all your emails. They just don't bother. They only care for those who sign up with them and once their users are faced with disputed charges and when users actually really, really need their support, they never get back to you. They may be very friendly and helpful when you are inquiring about their service, but once you are hit with disputed charges, they just disappear.

Don't use Stripe if you are new to Shopify. 

I learned this in a very bitter way and it is costing me. I would rather pay $30 to use the Paypal Pro or sign up with Moneris. 

If you negotiate with Moneris, you actually don't have to pay the sign up fees.

Let me know any questions. 

3 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 13

And the worst part is, Stripe is charging me for handling my disputed charges. They do absolutely nothing, but they are charging me $25.45 FYI.

2 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

Just as 2checkout...

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

Have also tried to contact Stripe and have had absolutely no response. And this was regarding a pre sales question.  Alarm Bells, wouldn't touch them even if they did come back to us now.

3 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

They all are the same...

0 Likes
2 0 0

I work on the support team at Stripe. We take customer service very seriously here and do everything we can to help our users as quickly as possible.

We don't typically provide phone support because we have found that we can provide the most efficient service when our entire team can access and respond to an issue via email. In addition to email support, we're also available in #stripe on freenode.

In terms of chargebacks, most banks tend to immediately side with the customer without additional investigation and initiate a formal dispute. This can be pretty frustrating (and is a case of somewhat misaligned incentives), but there is a dispute resolution process, and in many cases you can prove that the charge was valid. Stripe will provide you with the dispute details, and we’ll then work with you to file any disputes for payments that you feel are justified. When a dispute is resolved in your favor, we refund the $15 fee for disputes and return the original charge to you. Disputed charges are an unfortunate fact of doing business and one that we do everything we can to help with. More here: https://stripe.com/help/disputes#what-are-the-most-common-reasons-for-a-dispute-and-how-can-i-preven....

I apologize if you've had a bad experience with Stripe's customer service; that's not the norm, and I'd like to make sure it does not happen again. You can reach me directly at michael.schade@stripe.com and I'll do everything I can to help.

Thanks,

Michael Schade
Support @ Stripe

0 Likes